Review: Pure Power 9 600W be quiet! power supply

Associate
I had the pleasure to review the Pure Power 9 600W power supply from be quiet! for "The be quiet! MEGA competition!". I want to thank again Overclockers UK and also be quiet! for this opportunity to make a review.

I am using the Pure Power 9 600W power supply from be quiet! since few days and I tested it. I had big expectations from be quiet! and they got fulfilled, I like the power supply a lot.

The design of the power supply is very nice, it is mostly in black but it has also orange. There is a circle around the fan which is colored orange and it looks very good. Directly on the fan there is the be quiet! logo in orange and white which looks pretty. On the side of the power supply you can see the be quiet! logo stamped.

The build quality seems very good and there are no sharp edges. Be quiet! is known to use good quality components. The paint is spread even and there are no free spaces. Unfortunately the paint is not much resistant to scratches and you have to be very careful with it.

A very important aspect is that it has all protections (overvoltage protection for example) to protect your components from damage. With this power supply your components are safe and they would not get any harm if anything bad happens. I would not recommend a power supply without protections because a power supply is the most important component of your system. Without the inbuilt protections the whole system could get destroyed. It is very efficient and has a 80 plus silver certification which a power supply is getting when it has up to 91% power efficiency.

It can run a dual GPU set-up but you can`t use two GPU`s that are using a low of power since the power supply can deliver up to 600w. The new video cards that are coming now out use less power and a dual GPU set-up would not be a problem.

You can`t hear the power supply even under high load you can`t hear any noise which is very good for my ears. My old power supply was getting noisy even when it was not under high load. Like everybody else I like that my computer does not make much sound. The fans are very good built and they are made very silent.

The semi-modular cables make a lot of free space in the case and the airflow can take also advantage of it which keeps the temperatures lower. It is easy to install and the size is compact but the cables would be a bit short if you have a big tower case. In my case the cables are long enough since I have a ATX case.

The 3 years warranty could have been extended to 5 years and the cables could be a bit longer for better cable management and big cases. Also the price seems a bit too high since you can buy the Straight Power 10 600W power supply from be quiet! for a little extra price and it has even better features.

After all the good aspects I can highly recommend the Pure Power 9 600W supply and I like it a lot. It is efficient, cool looking, very quiet, high quality build and it has good features. If you need more power for a power hungry dual GPU set-up and overclocking you can go with a Pure Power 10 supply from be quiet!

Back
Top Bottom