RGB AIO Advice

Soldato
Ok I have a problem guys, I have been hearing a device connecting and disconnecting. Today I can see what it is. In devices and printers the Commander Pro and H115i Platinum keep flashing when I head the connecting and disconnecting beeps and they shows as "unspecified devices". This is on a new install on Windows 10? Anyone know how to fix this annoying problem?
How do you have them plugged in? You could plug the h115i usb connection into the commander pro or your motherboard, I'd try both, and how are they powered from a SATA power connector? Maybe try a new one of those. It sounds odd both would do it unless your motherboard USB was at fault I'd they are independently plugged in

Associate
OP
How do you have them plugged in? You could plug the h115i usb connection into the commander pro or your motherboard, I'd try both, and how are they powered from a SATA power connector? Maybe try a new one of those. It sounds odd both would do it unless your motherboard USB was at fault I'd they are independently plugged in

Hi mate, yeah I have tried both and spent a lot of time reading up. This is caused on many platforms by the poor CUE software. The disconnections and reconnections stop as soon as CUE is closed down. So until Corsair fix the issue which is highly unlikely going off the reports from the last few years with similar models, I will have to use CUE only when setting things up.This is not a hardware issue, I found hundreds of people with the exact same issue and every single one say it fixes when CUE is closed. Shocking really, typical Corsair.

Soldato
I finished commissioning my new rig with a full dual rad waterloop with a commander pro for fans/temps/pump control.

I also had some issues shortly after with a message about the last device plugged was not recognised, and looking at device manager, there was a continual HID device toggling with a warning symbol.

In the end I unplugged all USB devices (including the commander pro), rebooted, waited until I was at the login screen and just connected mouse/keyboard (both logitech if that mattered!), then logged in windows, and checked USB devices in device manager, no issues, so shutdown, connected just the commander pro, rebooted, logged back in, no usb issues, so left it a while, used iCUE, no issues!

I then plugged everything else back in one at a time and let each enumerate before adding the next, and it's been OK (touch wood) ever since. I can't swear to it, but I think with so many USB devices plugged in, I don't know if the commander pro was struggling to install it's USB drivers correctly.
I read around and decided to not plug my HX1000i psu's usb cable into the commander pro, but used another motherboard USB header, and also had no issues so far!

Not sure if it helps, the only hiccup I've had with a lot of tinkering over the weekend was I had to uninstall/re-install iCUE because FAN1 was stuck at 450RPM, no control over the speed, but with a re-install it's all working again. I did make countless profiles and was messing with temperature sensors (I have 2 directly in my water loop, and using two of the supplied corsair ones) so I might let that one slide..

Associate
OP
Ok guys now I have anothe issue, the Corsair H115i Plat is constantly making the disonnection and reconnection noise every minute, the only way to stop this is by closing CUE which clearly proves CUE is a poor piece of software. Is there any other workaround?

Back
Top Bottom