RGB fans

Associate
Hi guys,

Just received this pc yesterday:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...yzen-5600x-amd-radeon-graphics-fs-18j-og.html

With this motherboard instead:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...am4-b550-micro-atx-motherboard-mb-595-gi.html

It has 3 rgb fans and a little strip of colour on the msi graphics card.

How can I change the colours of these? There is a button on the case which changes it, but it only changes the colour patterns and effects, not allowing a solid colour or such. I'd like to customise the colour to be static and match my keyboard/mouse and change it whenever desired.

Is there some specific software for this? What would you guys recommend? I already tried RGBfusion which seemed to detect all the fans and such, but they wouldn't change colour when I applied any changes.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
There's some good guides online.

First thing you need to make sure is they're all plugged into a header on the mobo that will allow you to do what you're after. Then find a guide for the software. Whatever your mobo uses is probs best. I used aurasync a load of times or whatever the Asus one is. It's great.

Caporegime
If the fans are changing with a button on the case, they'll be wired into a controller that's part of the case. For some people this is desirable so that you don't have to install software to control it. The software that controls the RGB fans does use some CPU so you will lose a couple of FPS in games.

If this doesn't bother you, and you'd rather have the software to control it (so you can sync with your keyboard / mouse etc..), you'll need to unplug the fans from the case RGB controller and plug them into something else. You may be able to plug them into the motherboard, but you may not depending upon exactly what pin type the RGB fans are.

There's a fair bit to learn if you're new to all this. If you're wondering if it's just as easy as installing a piece of software and nothing else, it probably won't be. You can make a great start by taking the side of your case however, and having a look at where the wires go. Find where they plug into and make a note of what type of connecter they have and how many wires they have and what brand of fan they are (should be on a sticker on the back of the fan)

Once you know that, you can start googling and look at your options.

Associate
If the fans are changing with a button on the case, they'll be wired into a controller that's part of the case. For some people this is desirable so that you don't have to install software to control it. The software that controls the RGB fans does use some CPU so you will lose a couple of FPS in games.

If this doesn't bother you, and you'd rather have the software to control it (so you can sync with your keyboard / mouse etc..), you'll need to unplug the fans from the case RGB controller and plug them into something else. You may be able to plug them into the motherboard, but you may not depending upon exactly what pin type the RGB fans are.

There's a fair bit to learn if you're new to all this. If you're wondering if it's just as easy as installing a piece of software and nothing else, it probably won't be. You can make a great start by taking the side of your case however, and having a look at where the wires go. Find where they plug into and make a note of what type of connecter they have and how many wires they have and what brand of fan they are (should be on a sticker on the back of the fan)

Once you know that, you can start googling and look at your options.
This. As mentioned op there are some good guides online. But what you're after sounds only possible with software control.

Back
Top Bottom