RGB matching tool?

Soldato
Hi,

Anyone know of a tool (paid or free) that allows you to set a selection of say 10 RGB colours into a palette. Then when your mouse is over an image it will highlight the colours in your pallet if it sees a match where you are hovering over?

Ideally it would not have to be a perfect match but allow you to set a tolerance or an average so you knew the closest colours to those in the image?

Anyone know anything that might fit the bill? :)

Soldato
Theres something called JS colour that I've used on a few Web Apps, it lets you click on a colour from an image of a colour grid and gives you the RGB or Hex value. Maybe you could modify it for your purposes by using your image then using the output to match to your stored one?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
We have a product that can be printed in a number of shades of the same colour. We need to be able to take a clients photo and then look for the closest match.

Before you tell me it depends on lighting of the photo and the sensor of the camera, we have solutions for that part. :)

Pho

Pho

Soldato
So I like a challenge. A good few hours of hacking away over the course of a couple of days and.. tada :D. I highly doubt this would be possible using Javascript. This is a C#/.NET 4.5 solution :).

ColourMatcher_zpsce77ca50.png~original

The actual colour matching/sensitivity calculations was taken care of with ColorMine using the CIE76 formula.

The app polls the colour under your mouse at 10ms intervals and then compares against the chosen colours based on the sensitivity you've chosen. This is far better than having to load an image into the program and you can just hover over Photoshop or whatever.

So what's your product, and does this quality for freebies? :p.

Back
Top Bottom