Ricky Gervais as 'Derek'

Associate
A while ago, Gervais made a short on channel 4 which some of you may have seen and he's often done the impression of Derek Noakes on DVD Special Features etc.

Anyway, he's making it into a proper series with Karl Pilkington in his first acting role. Below is a video of all the TV spots and a bit of outtakes which is good.

Apart from Karl, I don't have much faith in this project. Firstly, there's no Steve Merchant.

Soldato
Hmmm I dunno... Karl looks like he's almost not even acting - It's basically himself in a wig - And Ricky looks like he's doing his Office character but just with his jaw extended :p

I'll probably give it a go, but it doesn't look very exciting :p

daz

daz

Soldato
I'll give it a chance, but I can't help but feel that this might be the equivalent of 'Life's Too Short' except with a mentally handicapped lead.

Soldato
It took me back a bit when I saw the trailers for it, as it looks very low budget and I thought Gervais had kind of put himself above such work now, but he obviously hasn't, so it will be an interesting watch.

With Karl just playing himself though, I also get the impression it's deliberately mean't to look terrible.

Back
Top Bottom