Rift £200 off

Associate
Oculus, you had your chance and blew it.

Still no movement on my order from processing and the customer service reply says it cannot give a concrete date on when it will progress, yet alone ship.

So have emailed them and said cancel the order and refund my money back. Just ordered on from OcUK with before 1200 delivery, so fingers crossed it will be here with me tomorrow morning.

Associate
I'm hoping to spend more time with mine this week as I'm having a week off :). Need to get my touch setup sometime today although where I wanna put one of my sensors may be a bit too far away so I may need a shortish extension. Spent a few hours night before last using bigscreen to watch some youtube stuff which was pretty cool although the text was a bit hard to read unless i brought the screen real close to my face (not sure if anything can be done about that?) and also tried that "Lost" cartoon thing from Oculus store which was really cool.

Overall I'm happy that I decided to take the plunge never having even tried cardboard or the like. When I built this pc I kinda had VR in mind so I bought slightly higher spec stuff than I would normally, although I was never really sure if I would ever get one due to them being a really high price.

Associate
Bloody typical...wrote email to Oculus to say I was cancelling and they write back to say they cant cancel as it has moved onto shipped and I have just had an email with the UPS tracking number.

Now have to get this one delivered and go through the process of taking pictures of the box and packing label before I can get the return in action. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Soldato
Bloody typical...wrote email to Oculus to say I was cancelling and they write back to say they cant cancel as it has moved onto shipped and I have just had an email with the UPS tracking number.

Now have to get this one delivered and go through the process of taking pictures of the box and packing label before I can get the return in action. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That's bad luck!! Well, at least it won't cost you anything.

Associate
Aye that is a bonus.

I did ask them to credit me with the Star Trek game, but got a bog fat no on that one. Will not be dealing direct with Oculus if I order a third sensor (unless I have to)

Soldato
Aye that is a bonus.

I did ask them to credit me with the Star Trek game, but got a bog fat no on that one. Will not be dealing direct with Oculus if I order a third sensor (unless I have to)

haha, if you don't ask, you don't get. Pity it didn't work out. Star trek BC would have been nice.

Think you are going to have to deal with Oculus for the third sensor. I couldn't find anywhere else selling one. Ordered over a week ago now and still hasn't shipped. I think they totally misjudged the demand and are scrambling to fill orders.

Associate
haha, if you don't ask, you don't get. Pity it didn't work out. Star trek BC would have been nice.

Think you are going to have to deal with Oculus for the third sensor. I couldn't find anywhere else selling one. Ordered over a week ago now and still hasn't shipped. I think they totally misjudged the demand and are scrambling to fill orders.

Ordered a third sensor 15 day's ago, Took payment four days ago and yet to ship. Don't hold your breath. lol

Associate
How long left on the sale?
Nobody knows exactly. The original sale started for 6 weeks on July 10th, which should have taken it until next Monday. However, Oculus recently extended the sale by "a few weeks", so the best guess is that it's on until early September. Oculus have said that they'll give a heads-up before the sale ends though.

Permabanned
Ordered an extra set of Touch controllers on the 3rd as I read you can use these to setup a 'VR Object' and I wanted a 3rd sensor. Turned up today via UPS.

Soldato
Nobody knows exactly. The original sale started for 6 weeks on July 10th, which should have taken it until next Monday. However, Oculus recently extended the sale by "a few weeks", so the best guess is that it's on until early September. Oculus have said that they'll give a heads-up before the sale ends though.
Cheers. Really fancy this. Hopefully my 480 will just about cut it!

Soldato
OP
That's a goodf point from Wrinkly, if a sensor is £59 you're as well to order new touch at £99 and get a backup set of controllers for the extra £40.

Back
Top Bottom