Rift lagging and stutter on head movement

Soldato
Hi guys,

I haven't used my rift for flight simming for a few weeks, I have gone to use it and I am getting VERY noticeable lag when moving my head (at any speed). It's like the panning stops briefly then snaps back. It's fine if I don't move my head. I have recalibrated the sensors and even moved them no luck. Updated video card drivers (R9 290X) and installed the new beta home version. It's still the same. It does it in everything I have tried but some are less noticeable. Worst offender is definitely aero fly 2 but it seems almost as bad in oculus home.

Any ideas? I have never noticed it before. Basically making it unusable.

Associate
i had the same problem recently and after trying many things, it turned out to be Afterburner. I had to uninstall because I couldnt find another solution.

Associate
Afterburner caused stutter for me also. In my case it turned out to be the power % monitoring. I disabled power % on the graph and the headset has been smooth ever since.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, I will check that. There is a frame rate counter in the top corner (yellow and small font) I'm not sure which app is placing it there. I'll hunt that down, I did have afterburner installed at one point but thought I got rid of it. I'll check.

Soldato
OP
OK. apparently the frame rate counter changes colour? I launched Worms randomly and it's green there.

framecounter.jpg

Soldato
Thanks, I will check that. There is a frame rate counter in the top corner (yellow and small font) I'm not sure which app is placing it there. I'll hunt that down, I did have afterburner installed at one point but thought I got rid of it. I'll check.
It not your monitor ?

As my monitor puts a yellow FPS counter in the top right corner..

Soldato
OP
I still haven't found the actually solution to the stuttering, just the source of the overlay. I was playing a bit of aerofly 2 and though it was ok but then it came back again. It does suggest a background process, no idea what though :( It's a PITA.

Associate
I still haven't found the actually solution to the stuttering, just the source of the overlay. I was playing a bit of aerofly 2 and though it was ok but then it came back again. It does suggest a background process, no idea what though :( It's a PITA.

Hi, the reason I asked is because I had it and didn't realise I had it, well I put up with it without realising it shouldn't be there. I stumbled upon a solution that worked for me, I will link to the thread. So far this has worked for me and it's like a breath of fresh air not having it occur. Now I'm not saying it will work for you or for everyone. In the thread someone who tried it and it worked then goes on to say it didn't work.

It involves turning off the XMP profile in your bios, it mentions ASUS boards but I have a gigabyte board and it worked for me.

Here's the link to the thread, the post is by aisepos a few posts down.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/communi...hes-lagging-etc-after-half-hour-of-use#latest

Hope this helps.

Associate

Thanks for the reply. My stutter has kicked in in the last couple of weeks, but like you I'm still struggling to find the source.

Back
Top Bottom