Rift s whos getting one?

Soldato
So in the fence, thinking of just going for it.

Argos promise collection on the 6th local to me, so that's promising. They were delivering toward the end of last week but I couldnt make my mind up and they ran out.

All i have to compare it to is PSVR so i imagine i will be happy with it. Pretty sure my 1070 will be ok for now too

Soldato
Went for in the end.

Simple to set up, feels a top quality product imo, nicely presented etc.

Haven't played anything except the tutorial thing but hopefully later I'll be on!

Sweaty face band instantly mind.

Soldato
Went for in the end.

Simple to set up, feels a top quality product imo, nicely presented etc.

Haven't played anything except the tutorial thing but hopefully later I'll be on!

Sweaty face band instantly mind.

Yes, it is a quality product.

Lots to see and do :) Have fun. Make sure you get Rec Room on Oculus and The Lab on Steam, both free, both are amazing.

Soldato
Now I've got the audio sorted out (and it's excellent now, very pleased) the next step:

Has anyone done anything clever and easy with the cable, and how it exits the headset?

I find that because it's at the side rather than the back (where it was on the Rift) it's far more prone to slipping over your shoulder and getting in the way of your left arm - especially when playing a frenetic track on Beat Saber.

Soldato
Oculus has recently pushed out an update to the beta V19 software to fix controller tracking issues. Worth trying if you've been having problems. Just opt into the beta using the Oculus home software settings.

Associate
Does anyone use prescription lenses in their Rift S? Im considering taking the plunge into VR but would also need to completely overhaul my dated (i5 2500K) PC.

Just wondering how well this works, I wouldn't be able to use it without prescription lenses and I don't wear contacts anymore.

Im mainly interested in VR for treating amblyopia (lazy eye). I've seen there are a few games tailored towards this now and mods for all existing games that allow almost patching of the good eye. Forcing your brain to use the weaker one, as my brain prefers using the left eye almost solely with the right for periphery.

Associate
I have prescription lenses in my Rift S from Widmo VR. Work perfectly. Get a much better fit than when wearing my glasses and avoiding the risk of scratching lenses on both glasses and headset. Would definitely recommend.

Associate
How is this with an IPD of 61mm? I'm so tempted with the Rift S rather than waiting for the Reverb G2 (though as a Sim Racer, the Reverb might be better).

Associate
I have prescription lenses in my Rift S from Widmo VR. Work perfectly. Get a much better fit than when wearing my glasses and avoiding the risk of scratching lenses on both glasses and headset. Would definitely recommend.

Thank you, I'll definitely check them out.

Tbh its more the potential of bending my glasses whilst wearing VR that I would fear. Even big headphones seem to press on the arm and make it uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom