Rimworld - strategy base building sci-fi indie game

Soldato

Kickstarter pre-purchase: buy into the alpha

I have a feeling this will be something special. It looks like prison architect-meets-dwarf fortress.

The graphics are place-holder. But they do intend to make it unique!

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks fun. Like Dwarf Fortress before complexity took over from gameplay and usability.

I can't see any of the kickstarter options that actually include the full game though? The $20 version says only 'up to' the final version, not including it. In the next sentence it says 'if it gets on Steam, you'll get a key', so do you not get a full copy otherwise?

Soldato
OP
Looks fun. Like Dwarf Fortress before complexity took over from gameplay and usability.

I can't see any of the kickstarter options that actually include the full game though? The $20 version says only 'up to' the final version, not including it. In the next sentence it says 'if it gets on Steam, you'll get a key', so do you not get a full copy otherwise?

That's a pretty good point! Badly described tiers. I'm pretty sure the $20 CAD (£12.12p currently) tier gets you the full game.

Well, at least I hope so! :D

Associate
Always thought a more accessible Dwarf Fortress would be massive, hopefully this reaches its potential. I'd be surprised if it didn't get onto steam, but I'd atleast like clarification of a full copy before backing. I backed and enjoyed Prison Architect, but I'd personally prefer a differentiation of graphics, so I hope that comment is true.

Soldato
Been reading the forums, I immediately though a more accessible DF, but there were warnings to heed, this game while it looks like it will be excellent, won't be in depth like DF (nothing can be as in depth :)). That being said, part of their inspiration was from the Firefly style towns and settlements in the TV show, so that's an immediate buy from me then :)

Soldato
Wow, its already doubled its goal, been keeping an eye on this since there was a post on RPS, it certainly looks very promising and I really like the idea of the endgame escape module, giving you something to aim for hopefully he doesn't make it too easy. This game has so much potential I really hope it goes smoothly for the developer.

Saying all that though, I probably won't back it I seem to be playing far too many alpha/beta's then burning out on them before the full release is out, I feel if i backed this that would happen, hopefully I can stop myself from backing it :p

Associate
Anyone in the alpha for this and can comment on it so far? Noticed you could buy in and it's raised over an extra $100,000 since the kickstarter.

Back
Top Bottom