Ring Of Elysium

Soldato
I hope all of you using a VPN to access this game have read your SSA - https://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

I don't know if it's just me, but personally I'd rather not take the risk of losing all my games just to play some F2P flavour of the month.

Cheers. I've just created a throwaway...just in case. I'm sure it's not something they are hot on though as have used VPN on Steam a number of times. Ssshh!!

Soldato
So if I create a new steam account I can play this over VPN without any trace whatsoever and no risk of losing a million pounds worth of steam games on my main account that I'll never have time to play?

If so I'm in... On Tuesday... On my day off

Soldato
So if I create a new steam account I can play this over VPN without any trace whatsoever and no risk of losing a million pounds worth of steam games on my main account that I'll never have time to play?

I'm not 100pc convinced but did it anyway, sign out of current account and sign into new one using VPN and follow the launch etc. No ban so far on my throwaway but would much rather not do it.

That being said it has been great fun, bit would deffo not get my account banned for it

Soldato
I'm not 100pc convinced but did it anyway, sign out of current account and sign into new one using VPN and follow the launch etc. No ban so far on my throwaway but would much rather not do it.

That being said it has been great fun, bit would deffo not get my account banned for it

Still don't feel confident

Associate

You have 30,000+ steam games? jesus.

Soldato

That's the thing about bans on Steam (and Origin, UPlay etc.) they don't ban you instantly. It could be 12 months down the line, well after you've forgotten all about using a VPN to download and launch this game, that you come to play a game and find your account has been banned in the latest round of bans.

Soldato
That's the thing about bans on Steam (and Origin, UPlay etc.) they don't ban you instantly. It could be 12 months down the line, well after you've forgotten all about using a VPN to download and launch this game, that you come to play a game and find your account has been banned in the latest round of bans.

CAn't say I've ever read about that happening to someone.

Just create a throwaway that's not linked to your main account...or wait until EU release.

PS I believe there's an update out today..so make sure you're on your VPN/throwaway before letting it update. Someone said (or I read), a previous update without vpn locked them out the game.

Associate
CAn't say I've ever read about that happening to someone.

Just create a throwaway that's not linked to your main account...or wait until EU release.

PS I believe there's an update out today..so make sure you're on your VPN/throwaway before letting it update. Someone said (or I read), a previous update without vpn locked them out the game.

I've updated this morning without VPN working fine for me.

Permabanned
Quite good this, just legged it on my first go and got halfway up the ladder to the chopper, then got sniped. :p

Not sure there is much particularly different to other BR games to keep me that interested though.

Soldato
Quite good this, just legged it on my first go and got halfway up the ladder to the chopper, then got sniped. :p
good fun (not) when that happens!
Not sure there is much particularly different to other BR games to keep me that interested though.
i thought the same when i first played it. but the different play styles offered by the different kits is certainly a nice idea and forces you to mix up where you drop. i love snowboarding round the map though - i've spent a few games just doing that, trying to pull of tricks rather than actually engaging enemies!
I like the way start of the game has you chose your location on the grid/map. Different (which is good in itself), but makes for a fun way to start things off.
i really like this option. helps to remove the total rng'ness of pubg. if you're in the mood for a hot drop you can see where to mark once people start to fill up and if you just want to get gear first, again just watch the squares fill up they plop a marker somewhere nice a remote. it really is a nice balanced option imo.

i'm enjoying the game so much that i haven't looked at pubg in a few weeks now. games is really smooth and very little in the way of lag even being on NA servers.

anyone hear any confirmation on the EU release date yet?

Associate
This game originally came out on Garena (basically a steam type platform in Asia)at the start of 2018. It came with a different map where everyone hand glided down from a plane much like the usual Battle Royale genre.

The map was roughly the same size as this snow map (if I can remember right) and ended as usual with the last one survives theme and this had a few of us hooked for a few months until it went offline in June of this year, promising to return soon.
It was a breath of fresh air after playing the same old grind of PubG and we were trying all sorts of games until we found news that Ring of Elysium had been released again end of August on the Garena platform, but only in 3 Asian areas, which meant lots of location changing and translating but no need for a VPN at that time, but the game was back with a new map and playable (in a fashion) but with some degree of lag as expected.
Then obviously the news that it was to be released on Steam but only Asia and N America to start with.

For an early 'free' release this game is awesome with so much more to offer than other games of the same genre and to be fair it doesn't play half bad on American servers even though you can add around 100 ping as far as other games are concerned.
I hope the first map makes its appearance soon because I'm not 100% sold on the helicopter ending but its still good fun and I hope the EU servers hurry up because its then that you can measure your game skill as opposed to lag kills.

Soldato
died twice today to an excellent bug. came under fire and went prone to med, soon as i started to med my character decided there wasn't enough 'room' to be prone and medding so knelt up mid heal animation and i got head shotted! lol

Soldato
And still no EU servers. Strange how nearly every other company has no problem at all complying with GDRP and rolling out EU based servers. Not Tencent though. The only logical conclusion is that they're being refused due to them being having some dodgy practices in place.

Back
Top Bottom