Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War Bug

Associate
Hi there,

Has anyone come across a bug on the Cleopatra campaign (3rd mission: Moonlight Temple - In hero view where you defend a temple from roman attack of 3 waves) where you complete it and achieve the objective and see the cutscene but it tells you you fail and have to restart?

Was there any solution or way around this so I can progress the campaign?

I already tried doing the mission a second time and googled for solutions with no luck.

Thanks,

Moose

Same problem

Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War is now free. I have run into the same problem with the Cleopatra campaign. After successfully completing the scenario where Cleopatra has to defend a temple on an island by destroying a ship with onager siege weapons, the program simultaneously shows these two messages:

"Victory is yours!" and "You have lost this scenario. Do you wish to restart?"

Here is a screen shot taken by a reviewer who reported the same bug, but not how to work around it. (The "WTF" addition was made by the reviewer.)
cleopatracampaign.jpg

The program will not allow me to continue on to the next campaign.

Does anyone know how to fix or work around this problem? I tried to determine how the program marked the previous campaigns as having been successfully completed, but I couldn't figure it out. When I opened the campaign files they were full of odd characters. I also checked the registry, but didn't find anything relevant there.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, I do not know how important this is since the thread is more than 14 years old but anyway:

You can go around this issue using a cheatcode. If you
  • Start the level
  • Open the console via "Enter"
  • Write "INEEDWIN" (wo " of course)
  • Then confirm via "Enter" again
you instantly win the level and can go around it.

BR

Back
Top Bottom