Risen Xbox360

Soldato
patch for 360 version of this just came out. Should sort some issues with the game. Havent opened my copy yet (Batman on rental). Got it for £22 used some instore credit to get it down to a more acceptable £13 :D

Soldato
Surfer please update this thread when you have played it. Liked the look of it on YouTube but then a few people said it was horrible to play on the consoles.

Would appreciate your opinion on the matter :)

Soldato
sure np :) its the same devs who did Gothic series (liked 1 + 2) and this is in similar vein.

Will give it a bash tonite & over the w/e

Soldato
Well played a bit of the start.

Main Neg Issues

All text in the game is very small font. Unless you have a HDTV i would wait for them to patch this. Even on HDTV it is only just bearable.

It is very obvious that it is a PC port. Controls sensitivity when turning/looking around is not sensitive enough. (crappy basically) Need option to adjust control sensitivty imo. Hopefully in next patch.

Graphics are really quite poor. Nowhere near the level of Oblivion for example. (but in saying that it feels a bit more interesting than Oblivion... more gritty) Possibly worst graphics in a 360 game in two years imo.

Repetition in character models head is very common it seems to me.

Combat is rubbish to start with as some monsters will ninja dodge to attack from side and it is quite difficult to target onto them again quickly (due to control sensitivity)

Good things

Atmosphere is old school Gothic definitely.

Lots of different voice accents for characters.

Good RPG realism stuff like eating, cooking food, sleeping crafting alchemy mining ore etc

Environment and Landscapes seems more interesting than Oblivion.. more realistic and gritty.

It has a more structured feel than Oblivion perhaps coz its smaller in scale.

Theres 3 sides to join (bandits, inquisition and monastery mages) The game does revolve a lot around the struggle between them so quests reflect this.

Navigating menus inventory etc is not too bad and you can hot button stuff
Apparently the beginning of the game is the worst bit so i'll keep going and see how things improve.

Last edited:
Soldato
ok I was a bit harsh on the graphics. They do sortof help the atmosphere. Only issue i have with them is some are low-res. But if you dont zoom in on things its ok. The lighting/weather system is better than Oblivions imo.

If you get this game my first tip is to turn brightness to at least +10 because the default level is borked makes it completely black at night. When you turn it up different times of the day look quite nice and its playable at night.

Almost at the end of the first bit (i think) hardest part of the first bit is gaining levels but not having any money to get trained up. I now have enough money :D and ive trained up in some better skills (alchemy, smithing, lockpicking etc)

I kindoff like the quest system. Basically ive been running around Harbour City being a detective solving stuff. Involves talking to lots of people but good news is that i have yet to come across any bug in the quest system. I think its well put together.

One thing though - if you beat someone up you can discover "quest related" stuff and quests can complete because youve accomplished a goal. Its not done in a crass way though. So its not simply a case of beating everyone up and accidentally completing lots of quests that should have been completed via the dialogue options.

I think its much much better than Oblivions questing system though - much more interesting. Have only done maybe 1 fedex type quest amongst about 30 quests

Back
Top Bottom