• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RMA experiences with Sapphire?

Associate
Hi,
I've had a X1950Pro go bad, and it's been sent by the supplier back (for repair/replacement) to Sapphire because it's older than 28days.

Has anyone here had to go through the same process, if so how long did it take?

Thanks in advance...

Soldato
Not quite the same; sent a mobo which died for no reason what so ever after 6months - back to the manufacturer via retailer as informed to do so by retailer. Been 4weeks 5days now so think ill be on the phone Tuesday to chase it up as ive heard nothing at all other than confirming item received by retailer. ;)

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, maybe I'll have to think about buying a replacement and selling the other card when I get it back!

Although the etailer I bought it from (wasn't Overclockers as they didn't have the card at the time) said they allow up to 28days. Told me that if after the 28days that Sapphire have not sorted it out that they will replace it themselves. Plus if you read the Sale of Good Act, the repair/replacement has to take place within a 'reasonable' amount of time, obviously this open to interpretation, however I'm pretty sure longer than 1 month would be considered in law to be unreasonable.

Soldato
I just RMA'd a Sapphire X1900XT with the aid of a competitor. They applied for an RMA number, and then as soon as I had it I sent the card off to Realtime Distribution, who handle Sapphire's RMA's in the UK. It took 10 days (would have been fewer without shippping complications) or so and I received a brand new X1950XTX in return, as the X1900XT is EOL. PM me if you want further details.

Soldato
I sent my Sapphire X1800XT back for RMA through Overclockers and turnaround was about 6-8 weeks, but that was because my card was purchased over 28 days prior and had to go back to Sapphire.

Because the X1800XT was no longer in supply, Sapphire credited OcUK the amount and had them send me a card of similar value. They sent me a Connect3D X1900XT because they were £199 at the time, my X1800XT was £205 when I bought it.

All in all, not a bad experience with the RMA. It took no longer than I expected and resulted in an upgrade.

Associate
OP
roadie said:
I just RMA'd a Sapphire X1900XT with the aid of a competitor. They applied for an RMA number, and then as soon as I had it I sent the card off to Realtime Distribution, who handle Sapphire's RMA's in the UK. It took 10 days (would have been fewer without shippping complications) or so and I received a brand new X1950XTX in return, as the X1900XT is EOL. PM me if you want further details.

Was the card older than 28 days, I'm wondering if you got such a good turn around time because your card was faulty within the 28day period?

Back
Top Bottom