Road Bike Question

Man of Honour
Hi, I have seen the Bianchi C2C Via Nirone 7 Alu Carbon Ultegra/105 10 speed Compact 2008 Road Bike at Evans in store and am in love!

The problem is it's right at the top of my budget at £950 and would really prefere to spend a little less. I have seen the Bianchi C2C Via Nirone 7 Aluminiumn Mirage 10 speed 2008 Road Bike at £699 on their website and have two questions.

1. Is the frame noticeably heavier on the cheaper bike? I know I should try the cheaper model for myself but they do not have any in my local store. The more expensive bike is very light, and is a Alu/Carbon which I am not familiar with. Anybody know where you can see frame weights?

2. Would it be wiser to purchase the cheaper bike and upgrade the parts as I get more experience thus appreciating the bike more, this would be my first road bike purchase. Could you upgrade the cheaper bike to the same level as the more expensive model? Or would the frame be a problem in terms of weight? Or is the weight mainly in the parts?

Thank you for your reply BadBob, appreciated. I've learnt a lot there. I will have to think alittle harder. Do you know where I could get hold of older models? eBay only? Or do retailers sell them too?

Back
Top Bottom