Road Cycling

Soldato
Quick question for all you premium Strava users, can you set monthly goals as well as weekly & yearly?
Or specific dates for data to be included in a goal?

I can on Garmin Connect, but would prefer to migrate all my tracking & data analysis to Strava rather than having to use both as I currently do.

Last edited:
Caporegime
In other news, not involving near death experiences, my garmin vector s pedals arrived. I won them on eBay yesterday, so that's pretty quick! They even included cleats, so I needn't have ordered a set, though at least now I'll have a spare set waiting. Looking at them now I can see why it wouldn't be possible to get away with the sneaky upgrade plans I was contemplating, as it's the cartridges come in the upgrade kits, not the spindle with the magic gubbins in.

Now I just need to pick up my new torque wrench on Saturday and wait for my crow foot adapter to arrive in the post. Chances are it'll be next weekend before I get to give them a go.

Exciting times...

Soldato
Think I just got a bit of a deal.

24 SIS bars + 12 SIS gels for £13.35 and then 4% cashback to come. Seem to be going through Gels quite a bit recently with the amount of TTs I'm doing, so they'll definitely come in handy.

Soldato
Thank goodness for the brain stem. By the time I realised there was a driver attempting to left hook me, I was already braking and turning with it. Sadly that bit of the brain sucks at language, so the best I could manage was a couple of mouthfuls of Anglo Saxon.

Good job avoiding that! I wish I had managed to when I got knocked off in similar circumstances. I was probably about a foot of straight on braking distance from avoiding it - if only I had turned with the car as well. The Met police have still done almost zilch as far as I know. I pass the same junction on 80% of my rides and I always end up going pretty much primary now to avoid it despite the cycle lane and loads of traffic.

24 SIS bars + 12 SIS gels for £13.35 and then 4% cashback to come. Seem to be going through Gels quite a bit recently with the amount of TTs I'm doing, so they'll definitely come in handy.

From where? Might be tempted by some bars.

Soldato
Speaking about energy related products, I actually picked up a little sample pack of Torq powder to try, as well as some of their Hypotonic sachets (0.5 a Torq unit and electrolytes). Also got one of their Snaq bars to try (not intended for use on the bike, just as a treat :)).

I've heard a lot of good things about Torq products, so I hope they live up to the expectation!

Associate
Evening all, road cycling newbie here! Picking up my first proper bike on Sunday from a guy at work (picture in the gallery thread...) and looking forward to getting out on the open road once more!

One question: what are the bare necessities I need, would you say, to support myself on a solo ride? I am guessing a spare inner, tyre levers, pump/gas(?) - anything else you'd recommend? Obviously take some water and a couple snacks and my mobile/some cash just out of common sense too.

I hear that Roady carries 128 items with him? ;) randomshenans tells me you will tell me all about them.

Cheers.

Soldato
Fitted my new wheels to my bike this evening, moved the rear cassette over and fitted my new chain.......then realised I forgot to check the length compared to the old one :mad: I'll need to redo the chain tomorrow night. What an idiot!

Soldato
I hear that Roady carries 128 items with him? ;) randomshenans tells me you will tell me all about them.
Basically.. take a look at your bike, note down every part, buy a spare of each + the tools to fit them and pop it all in your saddle bag :p

Ah cool. Will take a look... don't think I actually used the 12 free gels thing yet.

Soldato
Evening all, road cycling newbie here! Picking up my first proper bike on Sunday from a guy at work (picture in the gallery thread...) and looking forward to getting out on the open road once more!

One question: what are the bare necessities I need, would you say, to support myself on a solo ride? I am guessing a spare inner, tyre levers, pump/gas(?) - anything else you'd recommend? Obviously take some water and a couple snacks and my mobile/some cash just out of common sense too.

Cheers.

Put the number of a local taxi company in your phone. Chances are you might not have data to be able to search for one when you need to call.

I always take my drivers licence & blood donor card with me, so they can identify my organs :p

Back
Top Bottom