Road Cycling

Soldato
I am definitely not slightly enjoying this :p

Does this knock you back to being jealous? Should be nice tomorrow onwards and i've got a week booked off from the 13th where i'm hoping to have very little to do but cram in multiple rides and relax in the pool :p

Vah9Iya.png

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Oh **** you :mad:

A9UozMd.png

T2dIA2k.png

Thats the next 12 days here. We will be in June at this rate before we get even a few days of something other that **** on the trot. If this is genuinely the weather we can expect in the UK going forwards I will seriously consider moving abroad. This year has been miserable so far.

Soldato
Oh **** you :mad:

A9UozMd.png

T2dIA2k.png

Thats the next 12 days here. We will be in June at this rate before we get even a few days of something other that **** on the trot. If this is genuinely the weather we can expect in the UK going forwards I will seriously consider moving abroad. This year has been miserable so far.

Yup. Same over here. Almost (thinly almost. Missing my turbo sessions) don't mind my bike being out of action. Walking to the car this morning and it was cold and I was breathing out condensation. Could've told me it was October and I would've believed you!

There's ultegra Di2 12speed for £1049 on eBay at the moment. I really shouldn't but I can't help but look at my credit card lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oof thats tempting. Think I paid £1400 for it.

Yeah, it's very tempting. I can't really justify it at the moment. I'm really hoping it's just a case that the cable wire has snapped or something and it'll be a relatively cheap fix. In my mind though, if it starts getting up to ~£4-500 then I may be more tempted to see how much they charge to install a brand new group set.

As Martyn pointed out, 10, probably closer to 11,000km is a long time to have not had it serviced. So if it ends up that they advise I need a new cassette, pads along with a new shifter it would probably be 'sensible' to just get a whole new group set.

Reactions: fez

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah, it's very tempting. I can't really justify it at the moment. I'm really hoping it's just a case that the cable wire has snapped or something and it'll be a relatively cheap fix. In my mind though, if it starts getting up to ~£4-500 then I may be more tempted to see how much they charge to install a brand new group set.

As Martyn pointed out, 10, probably closer to 11,000km is a long time to have not had it serviced. So if it ends up that they advise I need a new cassette, pads along with a new shifter it would probably be 'sensible' to just get a whole new group set.

New groupset, move old one to different bike. Job done.

Honestly though, this is kind of how things work these days. By the time you have factored in parts and labour you will be 1/2 way to buying a new groupset. If you start waxing your chain on the new groupset it should late bloody ages though.

Soldato
New groupset, move old one to different bike. Job done.

Honestly though, this is kind of how things work these days. By the time you have factored in parts and labour you will be 1/2 way to buying a new groupset. If you start waxing your chain on the new groupset it should late bloody ages though.

But then I'm also in the position of: I want to get a new bike towards the end of this year (jesus, how are we in May) start of next year so I almost resent spending money on this bike. Though I suppose if I do buy it and get it on my current bike it just means that if I end up not selling this one I'll have a nice winter bike too. (though I told my partner I'd be selling this one :cry:)

Soldato
But then I'm also in the position of: I want to get a new bike towards the end of this year (jesus, how are we in May) start of next year so I almost resent spending money on this bike. Though I suppose if I do buy it and get it on my current bike it just means that if I end up not selling this one I'll have a nice winter bike too. (though I told my partner I'd be selling this one :cry:)

One of the greatest lies of all time, men everywhere work by this logic :D

Soldato
I honestly hate you lot. I may have laid some groundwork with my partner that it may well end up being expensive as I have to replace so many parts at once and I’m really annoyed that I may need to buy a new groupset. So frustrating…

She sighed and said “well you use your bike a lot so if you have to spend money just get it over with”.

I’d obviously prefer to get it fixed for cheap but we will see.

Soldato
and back it goes into the garage.

Was lovely yesterday in the lanes around us, almost wish I'd set up my VEL RL 50 wheels for their first spin (not that there's much benefit at an average speed of just over 12mph :eek: :cry: ), having sat in the box since buying Nov '22.

Maybe, just maybe, the lanes will dry out Friday afternoon or at least for a ride on Saturday.

Soldato
Bike has been dropped off. His initial thought was that it was just a cable so hopefully a cheap fix.

Though part of me is now already selling myself on the expensive option :cry: I just want to be back on the bike more than anything, really

fez

fez

Caporegime
Bike has been dropped off. His initial thought was that it was just a cable so hopefully a cheap fix.

Though part of me is now already selling myself on the expensive option :cry: I just want to be back on the bike more than anything, really

Not having a bike that works sucks. Still waiting on the TCR warranty. Followed up with the shop 10 days after I dropped it off and they said "oh Giant think it probably just needs facing" to which I replied "no it ******* doesn't and I won't be happy if they return it to me, I build it up again and the issue isn't fixed and I have to go through another 4 rounds of building and taking apart a bike."

So now they have actually sent it off to Giant to inspect. Previously the Giant dealer had just sent them pictures and a video which they were using to decide what the issue was. And somehow they decided that watching the caliper sink into the carbon when tightened was a "facing issue".

I'm just glad I have a spare frame to build up otherwise I would have been without a bike for 2 weeks now and likely for another 2 more at least.

Oh and to top it off, I think I need to warranty my brake calipers now because I am pretty sure they are both leaking from the bleed ports...

Back
Top Bottom