Robot Cache

Associate
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-storefront-that-will-let-you-sell-your-games

Here's something new.

Robot Cache is a new digital storefront to rival Steam. It's "selling point" is that any game you buy from Robot Cache can be resold when you are finished with them.

Here's the caveat. It uses IRON, a cryptocurrency, as store credit. Your used games are paid back in IRON and you can opt in to "mining" IRON to earn more store credit.

As well as that the rates are a bit far out. You can only expect to receive 25% of the resale price with the game publishers receiving the other 75%. That's something that needs tweaking for sure.

Would you be willing to ditch Steam to use another platform that allows you to "trade in" your digital games?

Personally I would consider it. I have a back catalogue of games that I know I will NEVER play again. Some of them have just been bad buys, others are just old.

I wouldn't expect to get much back from the trade in but I have 98 games on Steam and only regularly play about 10 of them.

Back
Top Bottom