Robot or Cordless Vacuum?

Man of Honour
Hello

Moved recently into a 1930s semi-detached house and it’s now a very hairy house because of our two cats, particularly our British short hair that just seems to ‘eject hair’ wherever she walks. Our old £100 cordless dyson can no longer cut it!

Our lounge area is open plan with a hard floor so there is a big space that I foresee as being a bit of a chore trying to clear manually. The lazy man in me thinks wonders whether a robot vacuum would be a good solution. For what it’s worth, the tiles in the kitchen are getting pretty grubby so if the robot ‘mopped’ the floor too, great, although I’m not sure how effective they are at that?

Key question I suppose is whether the robot vacuums are poop.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Soldato
They're great to keep on top of the vacuuming, but don't replace the need to give it a good going over every week or two. Just make sure you get a smart one that can map, rather than some of the cheaper dumb ones out there.

So in reality it wouldn't replace the need to still get a vacuum.

Mop function is less impressive so don't expect miracles.

But in summary we have loved ours (roborock s5) and don't know why we didn't get one earlier! With having a 2 year old running riot it's been a big time saver

Associate
I also have a roborock s5, and it more or less does all our household hoovering, the corded vacuum only comes out very rarely. We run the robot every day, and beforehand go around with a broom quickly to brush out corners & under things quickly, keeps the floors spotless!

Soldato
No experience with robot vacuums but the Dyson V11 is fantastic for zipping around quickly and doing the stairs.

We have hardfloors downstairs and carpet on the stairs/upstairs and it's able to do the house and boost mode on the stairs without using all the battery life up.

Well worth it in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom