Robot Vacuum Cleaner

Soldato
I have been thinking about getting a robot vacuum/mop for a while but i am not sure how well it will work for my house. So i have a large open living room with laminate flooring with a large, reasonably thick rug with the coffee table on in the centre, and a couple of matts at the front door. Then i have a door to the kitchen with then a little hallway with a bathroom off it, all tiled floor. So will a decent one be able to handle that or am i wasting my time/money.

Similar sort of setup here, I have the Roborock S6 or S7 and it's okay but the mopping function is average. It has a mop pad it just drags along the floor. I'm looking at the Eufy X10 Pro after @DRZ's recommendation which will lift up the rotating mop heads when it detects carpet, and then move the Roborock upstairs for vacuum only.

I have been thinking about getting a robot vacuum/mop for a while but i am not sure how well it will work for my house. So i have a large open living room with laminate flooring with a large, reasonably thick rug with the coffee table on in the centre, and a couple of matts at the front door. Then i have a door to the kitchen with then a little hallway with a bathroom off it, all tiled floor. So will a decent one be able to handle that or am i wasting my time/money.
I have the Eufy X10 - which replaced my ageing and no longer working with the app/able to connect to wifi Neato D7. I have carpet living room and hard floors elsewhere and I'm genuinely impressed by how clean it all is now! Especially impressed with teh mop, the floor is cleaner than I've seen it. It wasn't cheap but got it for £600. If it lasts as long as the Neato, I'll be more than happy.

Yeah, eagerly watching hotukdeals for it to come down in price again, can be had new for £680, or refurbished on eBay for around £550 (however looking at reviews I decided against the refurbished unit from that seller).

Similar sort of setup here, I have the Roborock S6 or S7 and it's okay but the mopping function is average. It has a mop pad it just drags along the floor. I'm looking at the Eufy X10 Pro after @DRZ's recommendation which will lift up the rotating mop heads when it detects carpet, and then move the Roborock upstairs for vacuum only.
I have the roborock S8 - the mop vibrates, and it does lift the mop when it goes over carpets.

I did a fair bit of research a couple of months back.

The verdict seemed to be that there's no point buying one without LIDAR these days, since you can get ones with very cheaply.

Mops get mixed reaction, some people think they're rubbish. They do seem to either push the price up, or result in a poor performing machine if you find a budget one that includes it.

Then you've got the question of whether you get one with an emptying station, or just empty it yourself.

I managed to snag a Samsung one for ~£200 with emptying station but no mop, which I'm pretty happy with. And mopping ourselves once a week after it's cleaned is a doddle.

Back
Top Bottom