Roccat Kone Mouse - Wheel Broken ...

Soldato
Hello carrot, Thanks for choosing ROCCAT.

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your scrollwheel. In this case, we can help you directly, making sure that you get a Kone with latest parts. I will forward your mail to our distribution partner, who will help you with the exchange process. He will contact you shortly.

SCORE :D

Although my mx518 should arrive today :rolleyes:

Associate
borked mine the yesterday, as i bought it off the auction site i have no warranty. so i emailed roccat (via the support page as posted a few pages back) and recieved what appears to be the generic email they send out to mousewheel breakers,

main middle button use is cod4 grenade throwing, and also open/close tabs in IE, so it's not had a hard life (2months for me) just need to learn Q to switch guns and E to use inventory :(

Associate
on my third one, the wheel still works but when I press the left key once, it acts as if I've pressed it twice. I contacted Roccat but they told me I have to send it to the retailer at my own expenses.

Do you have experienced this new kind of fault.

I really do not understand why there are guys that still buy Roccat products

bye

Associate
Deathadder is a very good product but Kone is another story: nice to see but please do not use it ! I'm in my third RMA in less then one year with the shipping costs at my own expenses.

It's a shame that Kone doesn't support the guys that made the mistake to buy it !

bye

Associate
OP
Wow this thread has gotten a lot of hits, you type 'Roccat Kone Broken Mouse wheel' into google this thread is the first result.

So anyhow I know I made this thread just under a year ago however my 3rd replacement's wheel has just broken. Yes I have been through 4 Roccat Kone mice ... some lasted a few weeks, my last one lasted 5 months however the wheel component always broke.

Why does the most comfortable, smoothest and coolest looking mouse out there have to have a crippling design flaw ... ? A crippling design flaw which really cannot be the hardest thing to fix.

Hearing stuff like this

my kone "v2" broke, twice.

Moral of the day: assign the button underneath the wheel to "universal scroll" so you can middle click without breaking it.

Makes me incredibly weary of going for a V2 ... so I'm out, I'm done. Sorry Roccat, you made an incredible mouse but ruined it with this weak mouse wheel. I'm done, I can't go through the RMA process anymore it's too much. Just to be clear oc.uk were brilliant with their RMA's, however I don't have a box to fit it in, don't want to walk down to the post office, don't want to go through that whole process anymore.

I'm moving on to a new mouse, I will miss your silky smooth material, your frictionless glide, your incredible sleek looks and the way your lights randomly stay on when my PC turns, off lighting up my room in a different colour each night.

Soldato
Haha, nice words amias :D Last bit made me chuckle!

My mouse is getting weak now, ive pressed the button about 5 times in total and its getting hard to turn sometimes cus its off centred itself -.-

But there just isnt another mouse out there that appeals to me... maybe that wireless logitech with its 2 mouse wheels but, then its not a gaming mouse so cant tweak it. :/ Mer!

Associate
New roccat kone coming very soon!!!

Dont worry about roccat kone faults because I went to Gamescom not long ago and Roccat Kone + is the ultimate gaming mouse. The sensor is amazing and as for scroll wheel it is now made out of steel haha gimick maybe but puts my ming at ease. New technology of TDCU and easy shift are soooo kool take a look on roccat website. I have offically been converted from razer they lost my trust with bringing out to many products which are all to simular. they just want my money every week :(

Soldato
I would avoid Roccat at all costs. my kone mouse wheel broke after 14 months and they won't issue an RMA for me. They are telling me that the only place I can RMA it is the place I bought it from. However it's been more than a year since I purchased it so the retailer won't accept a return. Back to logitech and I won't make the same mistake ever again.

Back
Top Bottom