£££ Rockband- Unofficial thread £££

Soldato
Nah I never calibrate anyway and it plays exactly the same as other RBs for accuracy etc.
There are plenty of vids doing the rounds to show the Fail bar drops quicker compared to RB2. Why they changed this I don't know.

Marky have you tried 'Me Enamora' yet on expert guitar. Try it, one star difficulty.

Hmm I don't think I have actually - I'll give it a go tonight :)

Just letting you know that Bon Jovi Greatest hits is now on Live for download the pack cost 1600 points and weighs in at 410MB

I won the pack at RockBandAide.com :) Boo yar :D

Associate
What do they expect when they keep adding kit. It puts the casual player off, they think it's another load of new stuff they need to buy.

I love the games but think they have run their course for now. The setlist for most of these new games are pretty poor now in comparison to previous editions.

7k is really bad.

I just think their marketing is totally off. They need to highlight to the mass public the fact that they can still play with their initial investments, they don't need all the fancy stuff unless they want it.

Also, I think it would be clever for them to be offering budget starter packs cheaply too, pull in potential newcomers to the market with a cheap set of instruments and the game, and they may well invest heavily later on...

I really do think they should have ensured their supply was strong enough to cover incidental purchases at the major bricks and mortar stores, I've read so many stories about people just not being able to get their hands on the new peripherals for love nor money, let alone the solus...

Ah well, I've got my copy and my keyboard and I really enjoy it. I just hope that the lacklustre sales in UK/Europe don't make them pull away from their near enough simultaneous launches with the US. We had to wait almost a year for the original Rock Band in the UK...

Associate
OMG just seen this

Details are still scant right now, but according to Viacom’s third quarter financial 10-Q filing, Viacom will be selling Rock Band maker Harmonix.

Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman commented:
Our decision to exit this business strategy is to focus on what we do best, and that’s creating world class entertainment. The console games business requires expertise we don’t have. For us, this is all about focus.

He also comments that he expects the sale of Harmonix to be completed “expeditiously,” though he offered no specifics on price or the prospective buyers the company is in negotiations with.

Rockbandaide

Caporegime
OP
I'm wondering with RB3 selling so badly whether they will have to re-think the strategy of future DLC being RB3 compatible only?

After all the DLC was still selling well.

I've tried to love RB3 but my copy is definately going, I can't even be bothered to finish off the achieves. I hate how they have messed up the difficulty levels of the songs and where they are tiered and cannot get on with the fret board and flashing lights.

Menus and stats etc I love but there's not much I like in the setlist either. If a RB4 ever came out there's nothig I'd want to import either.

Soldato
I just think music rhythm games have come to the end of there life imo

I don't think they have, tbh - rather, the creators have become too complacent in letting hardware do the job. The track lists for latter Rock Band/Guitar Hero iterations (and to an extreme degree the recent DLC for Rock Band) have been horrendous.

They need to get back to where they began and quit faffing around with poppy ******** to try and catch a wider market. I used to spend frivolously on RB and GH DLC in the early days. Now, I don't even bother checking what's come out.

Associate
They need to get back to where they began and quit faffing around with poppy ******** to try and catch a wider market. I used to spend frivolously on RB and GH DLC in the early days. Now, I don't even bother checking what's come out.

Very much agree with that, they just stopped catering for the core audiences that made these games so successful. So many companies seem to attach less value to the customers they have than those they want.

Played through RB3 and finished it on guitar, with the previous games id do that, then on drums, then just play for fun. The set list in this game just did nothing for me. I also got a fair bit of play out of versus mode so I was sorry to see that go. I just havent felt like going back to it at all.

Associate
MIDI Pro adapter now delayed until the 17th December according to one website. What a joke! :( Its the only thing im interested in!

Seems like its back ordered in the US aswell although some people who got thier orders in early have received the adapter.

Associate
Out for Rockband DLC next week

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Dec. 7):

Queen Extravaganza Pack 01

“Hammer to Fall” X
“Keep Yourself Alive” X
“Now I’m Here” X
“Play the Game” X
“Tenement Funster” X
“We Are the Champions” (RB3 version)
“We Will Rock You” (RB3 version)

Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack

“I Want It All” (RB3 version) X
“I Want To Break Free” (RB3 version) X
“Killer Queen” (RB3 version) X
“One Vision” (RB3 version) X
“Somebody To Love” (RB3 version) X
“Under Pressure” (RB3 version) X

(All tracks are original master recordings)

Also there is a title update out for the rockband 3 disc

Back
Top Bottom