ROG Hyperion RGB Problem

Associate
Hi - new to the forum sp please be gentle (!) Anyhoo, I'm building a ROG build and bought the Hyperion case and ASUS Dark Hero MB - I've absolutely no idea how to connect the RGB board in the case to the MB - would anyone who knows, be able to explain exactly what and where I need to connect??

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Righty ho, I had a look at a couple of reviews and everything ARGB to do with the case connects to the hub in the bottom right corner. I believe the hub requires a sata plug from the psu to power it. You should then have a extension from that hub (either supplied with the case or your motherboard should have a couple) that goes from the hub to one of the ARGB headers on your motherboard. From looking at the manual you have three of these headers marked as ADD GEN 2_1 which is near the top right corner of the motherboard just above the Retry button, ADD GEN 2-2 and ADD GEN 2_3 are on the bottom left edge of the motherboard to the left of the CMOS battery. You can use any of those to connect to the hub then use either Asus bloated software to control the lighting or use something like OpenRGB to control it.

The most important thing with RGB connectors is never plug a 12v RGB into a 5v RGB header and vice versa.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom