Roof terrace/roof decking/roof garden design

Soldato
I am looking for a roof terrace designer/architect to turn our roof into a decked roof garden.

The trouble is, my Googling is useless. I've literally got the name of one company in the whole of London who would entertain what is a relatively small residential project (£10-20k).

Do you have any recommendations or suggestions, preferably if you've had someone do something like this before? Maybe I am going about the search the wrong way by looking for 'roof terrace designer' and 'roof garden designer'.

Soldato
OP
A roof garden in the UK?
Still, it will be nice to look at the plants while it pours down outside, it might even wash all the bird poo away.
I live in North London and have nice views over the city centre to enjoy when I can... even if it is only for 10 weeks of a year ;)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll start by calling some local independent architects who are bound to have contacts if they cannot facilitate it themselves.

Soldato
OP
The roof: Gradient issues, ponding. Poorly applied flat roof felt (directly onto boards, no membrane). On top of someone else's flat. Roof is demised to me, we are responsible for it.

The builder: Sure, I can put a deck on this.

The garden designers: You should sort out the ponding issues by padding under the felt, then you can put a deck on this.

The architect: This roof will probably fail soon. You should get it redone, levelled properly before sticking £20k of garden on it.

Instincts are to listen to the architect. Right?

Back
Top Bottom