Rotated motherboard cases

Soldato
I'm after a new case and I think I'd like this one to go on my desk against the wall. This means it needs to mount the motherboard in a non-standard way. I'm aware that some of the Silverstone Raven cases do this however they're not quite what I'm looking for so I'd like to find out if I have any other options.

The case should go against the wall, with the front pointing to the left and the side panel that's not against the wall to have a window.

Can anyone suggest options for me? I've no interest in watercooling, but it must take a large graphics card and a standard ATX motherboard.

Soldato
OP
Assuming you mean right hand side if you're facing the front then yeah - that is what I want. I sit facing my monitor and the case will be on the desk, to the right hand side of that. If the window is on the left side then the ports will be facing the monitor.

The Outlaw seems to be just what I need with nothing else. I'm thinking of that at the moment. The Ravens were too flashy. I don't think I'll buy another Lian Li, I've had several and just really gone off them.

I'll look into the Fortress too - I didn't realise that was an option and to be honest gamery isn't what I'm after.

Caselabs? I forgot all about them - I could afford it if I felt I was getting some value for it. But in all honesty I just can't justify spending that much for the case at present. I'm really just replacing the one I have because it's old and past it. What I have in my PC these days is just bog standard components, no watercooling any more so standard cases should do it for me.

Next step is to see if the Outlaw is an option, and to look into the Fortress line.

Thanks! :)

Soldato
OP
Yes I'm looking at the FT04 just now and not even Silverstone deny it's the same basic thing with a different (more tasteful) skin.

That's looking like what I'll go for at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom