Router and extender combo for max wifi speed and multi gig lan

Associate
I have fttp 900mb with plusnet. I briefly used the the hub 2 with beryl ax and was getting around 400mbs to my pc. I cannot wire the pc to router but it is wired to the extender.

I switched back to my 4g tp link router and tp link extender. This is only good for about 100mbs to the pc.

I don't have a big home, so a router and extender will probably suffice, rather than mesh.

Can anyone recommend a router and extender combo that would give max wifi speed, and possibly have 2.5gb lan for if I ever upgrade to 1.6. Some decent parental controls would also be desirable. I have the basic tplink ones but have read their homeshield, or whatever it's called, is much better.

Last edited:
I used powerline adapters in the distant past. My issue was every now and then they would disconnect. My pc desk weighs a ton so it was a pain pulling it out to get to the adapter.

I then moved from virgin back to sky. They sent an extender that I could place nearby and wire my pc to it. It worked flawlessly. When I ditched sky I bought a tplink 4g router and extender. Again it worked flawlessly, and as I was getting around 20/10 speeds over 4g, wifi speed wasn't an issue.

I don't need extreme speed for my pc but it would be nice to get 500+ over the wifi. I was getting 400+ with the hub2 and a beryl ax, so I would hope something more capable could achieve a higher speed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom