Router for VPN and an Open SSID?

Soldato
Hello,

My Sky deal is up and although I've been happy with the Broadband 65/19 speeds I'm thinking of joining Virgin. However, I know virgins WiFi is abysmal so I'm toying with the idea of getting a decent Router, the Sky Q router has been fine. I'd like to set up a couple of SSID on my Home network, one running Private Internet Access (VPN) and one open. I assume if I do this I can pick what devices connect to which.

I'd get the 350meg with virgin, mu house is more or less fully wired,although phone tablets etc are on WiFi.

Any tips on which router I should go for, as you can tell I'm no expert but am comfortable flashing the router if required.

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the advice BigT. I'm only streaming over the VPN so I guess 7-10meg will be plenty? I'll research what you've said when I get time (fairly new to this) but I'm hoping a £150-£200 router will do what I require.

Thanks again,

Soldato
OP
I'm switching to Virgin BBand on Friday and would like a router that meets my needs before then...the more I read the less I know!!! Anyone recommend a Router that supports VPN (PIA), I'd like to have the option to log into at least two WiFi's, one via a VPN and one behind a password, and ideally the same wired.

Thanks,

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the link, must admit I'm a bit shocked a commercial router can't sustain a VPN and a normal WiFi / LAN connection I can't be the only person who wants this (with limited Network experience). Will keep researching.

Anymore advice appreciated .

Back
Top Bottom