Router for VPN/Satellite decoder

Associate
Hi All,
I am looking for advice. I currently have broadband with Virgin, but will more likely change it to Sky or any other provider this Autumn, because we have so many disconnections, that I decided not to renew the contract when it will end in October.
We have foreign satellite TV.Provider changed decoder software, so it works now like an app from decoder hard drive and now they know my location and some channels stopped working stating, that content is not available in my location, so I decided to look for VPN option.
As far as I am aware Virgin nor Sky hubs do not allow VPN, so I am looking to buy own router, which I would connect via LAN cable to Virgin/Sky Hubs and from own router with another cable to decoder. Decoder has one LAN available.
At present Virgin hub and decoder are in two separate rooms and there is occasional WIFI drop down, so if all would be connected via cable, I should avoid similar issues in future.
As optional and if possible, I would like to have VPN on one LAN connected to decoder only. If I had router in the cupboard, then I could install cables to other rooms upstairs easily, where WIFI from Virgin Hub is poor and boosted by extenders.
Can you please advise me, which router should I buy and which VPN would be ideal? Which RJ45 category cables would you use, so I would not have to do anything with it for another good few years?
I have not done this before, so I am looking for something with easy setup and use, so I could switch off VPN, if and when needed on my phone for example.
Router would need 4 LANs(one for satellite decoder and three to other rooms). Price, I do not want to spend more than £250.
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom