Router

Associate
Hi

This is a dum question but i need to check as I've never set one up before.

I'm think of buying a Belkin ADSL 2/2+ Wireless MIMO Router Reviews. Are routers useable anywhere in Europe (I live in Belgium)? i.e. There shouldn't be any compatability issues?

Thanks
S

Soldato
Ugh, Belkin. Unless you like instability, you'd be best to choose another brand.

No problems with compatibility, I setup a Netgear DG834G this morning in The Netherlands that was orginally bought in France. You'll need to check that the VPI/VCI settings are correct for your particular provider as those may vary from country to country.

Caporegime
Depends on the telco of choice using ADSLoPOTS, as opposed to ADSLoISDN.
Germany certainly do the latter, no idea about Belgium.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the help but now i'm really confused!!!

Whats VPI/VCI and ADSLoPOTS Vs. ADSLoISDN.

What I use at the moment is a speedtouch ADSL modem if that helps and my ISP is Belgacom. I emailed them to ask for help but they said they didn't know about any products that they dont suplly i.e. buy one of our modems!

I though that the new belkin was meant to be good? There are four floors that I need to cover with the router/modem.

Cheers
S

Caporegime
sdfuk said:
Whats VPI/VCI

Settings you'll need if you expect the router to work. They're probably represented to your USB modem as two numbers separated by digits, that your modem's set to "dial".

ADSLoPOTS Vs. ADSLoISDN.

Looking them up's probably as good as any.
Google suggests that they use ADSLoPOTS, so most routers available in the UK should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom