Royal Mail Special Delivery 1pm Guaranteed

Gangster
Associate
I sent an item for next working day delivery for 1pm. There was a delay and the item was delivered in 2 working days. I tried to claim postage refund from RM because it did not arrive 1pm next day.

RM is rejecting my claim because they managed to deliver it less than 24 hours after the guaranteed date.

How can they guarantee next day delivery when they are guaranteeing 48 hours delivery...

Soldato
They only changed the covid guaranteed times at the end of August so if it was before this you can't claim. If it was after you should be able to, I claimed for a pre 9 that was delayed a day the other week and got the cheque on Monday.

Soldato
Is your name like support BAE as in the aerospace company?

'Cause I always read it like "support bae"

Like the new slang for "babe"

Like you're my support babe?

Soldato
They changed it to pre 4PM and now changed it again looking at this thread. So in short they change it whenever they like and charge exactly the same.

Beware, actually getting money out of them if item lost / broken also has a bunch of small print conveniently hidden away.

Caporegime
They changed it to pre 4PM and now changed it again looking at this thread. So in short they change it whenever they like and charge exactly the same.

Beware, actually getting money out of them if item lost / broken also has a bunch of small print conveniently hidden away.

They changed it due to the pandemic and now they've changed back to the normal service. When else have they changed it?

Soldato
They changed it due to the pandemic and now they've changed back to the normal service. When else have they changed it?

I was right the first time, they changed it from 1PM to 4PM and then changed it to " because they managed to deliver it less than 24 hours after the guaranteed date " as stated by the OP. Neither of which is back to normal service infact. Normal service would be to deliver it before the guarenteed date and time of next day before 1 PM with no exceptions.

Caporegime
I was right the first time, they changed it from 1PM to 4PM and then changed it to " because they managed to deliver it less than 24 hours after the guaranteed date " as stated by the OP. Neither of which is back to normal service infact. Normal service would be to deliver it before the guarenteed date and time of next day before 1 PM with no exceptions.

That's nonsense. The service and point at which compensations kicks in is exactly the same as it was pre pandemic. The Royal Mail service, like any other delivery service, will never be 100% with no exceptions.

Associate
I’m a postman and as far as I know they are fobbing you off. During covid the times where changed from 9am to 11am and 1pm to 4pm.

We have now be told it’s back to the original times of 9am and 1pm.

Associate
I used to use RM for everything but it seems they have just gone down hill.. always had issues with delays even pre-covid.

Aside from posting letters, i do all my deliveries with independent couriers like DPD or Hermes

Caporegime
Soldato
I used to use RM for everything but it seems they have just gone down hill.. always had issues with delays even pre-covid.

Aside from posting letters, i do all my deliveries with independent couriers like DPD or Hermes

Please don't do this to people. Ask them if it's ok first.

When I get Hermes emails/messages from senders my heart sinks as I have about a 50% rate with them as to whether I actually receive the item and within the remaining 50% a good chunk turns up in a state. Never mind the non-existent "customer service" for recipients and the dreaded "major event" update they like to slap on the tracking. Herpes is an accurate name for the enterprise, I hate to think of how they must treat their drivers.

Back
Top Bottom