• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 2060 Upgrade giving B2 code and won't boot up?

Associate
Hello!

Just got a " used - Like new " EVGA Geforce RTX 2060 XC graphics card from Amazon.

Plugged it into my MSI H61M-E23 (B3) motherboard and connected the 6pin + 2pin PCIE power connector the 8 pin power slot of the graphics card (I have a Areo cool MX500W PSU ).

Tried booting the PC which it gets stuck at a black screen with B2 code.

Stuck back in my old graphics card ( Geforce GTX 1050 TI ) which works perfectly again.

I searched for the issue and it seems I need a motherboard BIOS update, however when trying to update the bios for my motherboard via USB my pc is not recognising the file on the drive.

It says " There isn't any Bios file in this USB key " when I do have the file " E7680IMS.AE0 " on the usb.

Looking at system information the BIOS Mode says " Legacy ". BIOS Version / date says " American Megatrends Inc. V10.5B3 17/05/2011.

The latest BIOS update before the Ivy bridge updates has a date of 2012/02/16 and version " 10.E on the MSI website.

Some more specs of my PC:
CPU: Intel i5-2320 sandy bridge
Memory" 8GB DDR3

Any help as I feel like I've wasted so much money on a GPU and tried everything..

Caporegime
is the USB 16gb or less, fat32 and it probably needs to be plugged in a specific port on the back

you can probably do an update in windows via MSI centre under > support > live update > advanced scan

Back
Top Bottom