• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3*** Super and 4*** cards in 2022

Soldato
OP
Supers due in Jan and 4000's in Oct 22

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/s...nuary-2021geforce-rtx-40-in-october-2022.html

Thoughts? Annoyed? Couldn't care less?

I'm sure the 3090 Super will annoy the current 3090 owners who thought they got the cream of the crop?

3060 Super cards going for £700+ :D

3090 Super for £2k?

Jeez

I jested on the 2k 3090 Super price

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-12r-zt.html

A 3090 NON super is already £2400 :o:rolleyes::eek:

£3k 3090 supers ahead?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm not sure I understand why you think a 3090 Super would annoy current 3090 owners although I may be missing something. You are suggesting that people "thought" they got the cream of the crop although wasn't that true, and still is? I've never bought a GPU expecting it to retain top position for more than a year anyway, and also can't think of many who would. There's nothing to be annoyed about by a better card being released over a year later. This is more about value than having the top card.

I personally won't be annoyed as I paid £1399 for a 3090FE last year and have been happily gaming on it since then without having to live by stock updates or contend with the annoyance of looking at an incomplete new build in the corner. That alone was worth the price difference over a virtually non-existent 3080 although it's also come into its own for FS2020 in VR. If a card marginally beats this one but comes in at £2000 over a year later I won't, in the least bit, be annoyed. What I would have been annoyed with was deciding to hold out for 3080ti only to struggle to get one and then pay more for a very similar but, nonetheless, lower spec card months down the line. A 3090 in the hand is worth more than 2 3080's in the bush.

Again, I may be missing something though.

More along the lines of, i was thinking back to the 1080Ti, where people thought there wasn't going to be a Ti and were miffed that one came out later.

Back
Top Bottom