• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3070 Resizable bar no working

Associate
Hi guys,

Resizable bar not working on my RTX 3070 TUFF (it was with the Radeon 5700).

I have read something about having to flash the bios (current one is 94.04.3A.40.2B) which wouldn't be a problem as the GFX has 2 bios so I could flash one without having any risk to brick the card.

Now my main question, what about the warranty if I flash the bios?

thanks,

L

Associate
Hi guys,

Resizable bar not working on my RTX 3070 TUFF (it was with the Radeon 5700).

I have read something about having to flash the bios (current one is 94.04.3A.40.2B) which wouldn't be a problem as the GFX has 2 bios so I could flash one without having any risk to brick the card.

Now my main question, what about the warranty if I flash the bios?

thanks,

L

The BIOS update was specifically for Resizable BAR and it's available via the manufacturer so warranty shouldn't be an issue.

Associate
I think most (all?) vendors have provided a gui-based utility to facilitate easy updating of the BIOS from within Windows - for MSI cards it's done using their Live Update tool (and possibly Dragon Center - I don't have that installed) - Asus should have something similar.

Soldato
@luismenendez

You can get the BIOS from here :-

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-C...tegory=NVIDIA&Series=TUF-Gaming&SubSpec=17822

Just make sure to select the right model you are using then in the product page (your card) click support and in there you will find the BIOS you need to enable Rebar.

Flash the BIOS one at a time and make sure all works well before flashing the next BIOS, your card has dual BIOS.

After flashing restart the system to make sure all is well, if all well then shut down flick the switch to second BIOS and flash again and again make sure all is well by restarting. Then decide if you want the silent bios or the performance bios for daily use.

Use the same file for flashing both, the BIOS flash tool will know what BIOS you are on and flash correctly the performance or silent version to it.

Make sure Rebar and 4G decoding is enabled in the motherboard bios too, if you disabled it or set the motherboard bios back to defaults at anytime. Rebar and 4G decoding should be enabled in the motherboard BIOS for it to work correctly after flashing the 3070 with the rebar bios.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
@luismenendez

You can get the BIOS from here :-

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-C...tegory=NVIDIA&Series=TUF-Gaming&SubSpec=17822

Just make sure to select the right model you are using then in the product page (your card) click support and in there you will find the BIOS you need to enable Rebar.

Flash the BIOS one at a time and make sure all works well before flashing the next BIOS, your card has dual BIOS.

After flashing restart the system to make sure all is well, if all well then shut down flick the switch to second BIOS and flash again and again make sure all is well by restarting. Then decide if you want the silent bios or the performance bios for daily use.

Use the same file for flashing both, the BIOS flash tool will know what BIOS you are on and flash correctly the performance or silent version to it.

Make sure Rebar and 4G decoding is enabled in the motherboard bios too, if you disabled it or set the motherboard bios back to defaults at anytime. Rebar and 4G decoding should be enabled in the motherboard BIOS for it to work correctly after flashing the 3070 with the rebar bios.

thanks for the link :)

Just clicked my model, download the file, open it and install automatically and reboot; Resize is enable now

Back
Top Bottom