• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3080 - 1 out of 3 the displayport is not working

Associate
Hi,

I have the RTX 3080 Founders Edition.

I recently purchased a 3rd monitor for my setup and initially only had 2 display ports connected to the graphics card. Now that I have a 3rd monitor, I plugged it into the remaining display port. However, there is no signal coming from the port.

Here are the things that I have tried:
1) Used different *working* display port cables
2) Used different *working* monitors
3) Updated drivers
4) Plugged in 1 monitor at a time to each port
5) Plugged all 3 monitors one, 1 being on the HDMI port - this works
6) Plugged in the cables, turned the PC off, left for 5-10 minutes, and turned it back on
7) 2 display ports plugged in and 1 HDMI, this works and detects all monitors.

Could it be that the graphics card is the fault here? I've only ever used 2 of the display ports since I got this card and have not tried the 3rd port at all.

When I plug in the cable into the port, it kinda seems to detect that it has been plugged as the monitor seems to power up but after a few seconds, it shows no signal. I've tried checking the display settings and the NVIDIA control panel. There are no hidden monitors or any non-active monitors.

Is there anything else I can try to make sure that it is the displayport/graphics card that is the fault here?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom