• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3090 Watercooled Temp

Caporegime
Well my 3090 is staying at 32/33 under load as expected. :)

I have put it in a system which managed to keep two 2080ti in the 30s so it should be no sweat for it to keep a single 3090 at 32C

Soldato
Well my 3090 is staying at 32/33 under load as expected. :)

I have put it in a system which managed to keep two 2080ti in the 30s so it should be no sweat for it to keep a single 3090 at 32C
This is one of the reasons why i want to get a MoRa3 360 pro rad... being able to keep temps this cool and probably even passively cooled. Freeing up much needed space in the case as well.

Associate
This is one of the reasons why i want to get a MoRa3 360 pro rad... being able to keep temps this cool and probably even passively cooled. Freeing up much needed space in the case as well.

That an utter beast of a rad, I would love to do something like that with an external at some point, especially like you say the in case real estate you free up is well worth it!

Soldato
That an utter beast of a rad, I would love to do something like that with an external at some point, especially like you say the in case real estate you free up is well worth it!
I quoted myself up with all the bits i need and its around £280 which isn't too bad. The quick disconnects are expensive but a must in a external rad setup. Never know i might jump on it next month lol... Running out of things to do in lockdown!

Associate
I'm toying with the idea of the Mo-RA3 too! My case choice is always based around how many radiators I can shove in there so having an external solution opens up the case possibilities

Associate
Well if you're gonna do it Jay85 go large :):D
Potential pita is that I ordered some parts off Aquacomputer, Got hit with VAT with goods at arrival into the UK. Despite their website already quoting the price with vat at 19%.
Kind of glad I don't need anymore large watercooling bits until a waterblock comes out for my gamerock

Soldato
Well if you're gonna do it Jay85 go large :):D
Potential pita is that I ordered some parts off Aquacomputer, Got hit with VAT with goods at arrival into the UK. Despite their website already quoting the price with vat at 19%.
Kind of glad I don't need anymore large watercooling bits until a waterblock comes out for my gamerock
I was about to ask this as i was just looking at that site but like you said, VAT already paid at checkout, i could see VAT is added at 20% right at the end. Did you try and contact the courier to find out why you was charged that?

I'm still chasing up why i was charged VAT for my heatkiller block but no response just yet.

Associate
I was about to ask this as i was just looking at that site but like you said, VAT already paid at checkout, i could see VAT is added at 20% right at the end. Did you try and contact the courier to find out why you was charged that?

I'm still chasing up why i was charged VAT for my heatkiller block but no response just yet.

wonder if the same will apply to pre ordered parts I purchased prior to Brexit with the included VAT. My Aqua Computer Kryogaming Strix block is due to ship mid Feb. don’t really want to pay VAT on something I’ve already paid VAT on.

Associate
I'm pretty sure, it's because no one wants to go through the hassle of changing all the prices on their websites for UK buyers. So effectively we're getting charged twice for vat.
The charge we get from the couriers is normally something I encounter when I ship stuff in from Asia or the US, they normally add £12 or so ontop of whatever vat/customs charge there is for "admin" I will email aquacomputer later when I get my pump and res, but I can't see them doing much about it quickly, Germany has been hit pretty hard with this latest wave of the plague.
@OC2000 I understand totally, my package was £220 with shipping, and now I took an extra £56 in Import C.O.D as UPS terms it
I may contend with UPS on the charge as I have the invoice showing I have paid 20% vat already at time of purchase

Soldato
wonder if the same will apply to pre ordered parts I purchased prior to Brexit with the included VAT. My Aqua Computer Kryogaming Strix block is due to ship mid Feb. don’t really want to pay VAT on something I’ve already paid VAT on.
Put it this way, i ordered my heatkiller block before Xmas and it was dispatched near the end of January, i was still hit with the VAT/Duty/Tax fee's. Trying to work out with FedEX now exactly what i paid and see if i can claim some back.

Caporegime

I must admit that been able to browse the internet or do light work with no fans running has always been a boon to me and been one of the most important considerations in building my waterloops.

Even when gaming my fans on the gfx card loop barely start spinning, in fact one set on one rad dont even start as the gfx card hasnt reached the trigger temp of 50c.

If i didnt currently have a stupid cpu atm that pumps out more heat than the sun - 9880xe running at 4.6ghz which even with a 560 rad on it and the fans ramping up to 50%, still hits 70c :( I would have a pretty quiet rig even when gaming.

Soldato
I must admit that been able to browse the internet or do light work with no fans running has always been a boon to me and been one of the most important considerations in building my waterloops.

Even when gaming my fans on the gfx card loop barely start spinning, in fact one set on one rad dont even start as the gfx card hasnt reached the trigger temp of 50c.

If i didnt currently have a stupid cpu atm that pumps out more heat than the sun - 9880xe running at 4.6ghz which even with a 560 rad on it and the fans ramping up to 50%, still hits 70c :( I would have a pretty quiet rig even when gaming.
Yeah i wouldn't mind that, having things passively cooled while theres no load on the components is great. I mean its not bad now with fans on around 800rpm at idle but still having fans at 0rpm at idle would be even better. I hear the pump now more than anything as the pc is right next to me on my desk. Moving the pump away down onto the floor on a Mora3 would be even better.

Time for an upgrade on that cpu then ;), you'd have the ultimate in a silent running system!

Caporegime
Yeah i wouldn't mind that, having things passively cooled while theres no load on the components is great. I mean its not bad now with fans on around 800rpm at idle but still having fans at 0rpm at idle would be even better. I hear the pump now more than anything as the pc is right next to me on my desk. Moving the pump away down onto the floor on a Mora3 would be even better.

Time for an upgrade on that cpu then ;), you'd have the ultimate in a silent running system!

I almost pushed the button on the new AMD cpus but that would have meant a new mobo and i had just bought the 3090 and a the dell 38" screen so felt I had spent enough and should enjoy my new set up for a while.

Plus new sockets and new boards due in 2021 with no doubt more features on board. Plus I was struggling to get enough lanes to support my 6 nvme drives.

So its only the heat and the sound thats wrong with my current set up, its not lacking performance.

Back
Top Bottom