• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3090ti RMA'd, B Grade 4070ti offered as a replacement

Associate
Hi!
So recently my RTX3090ti died on me, I sent it back for RMA. Today I received a confirmation email that they have detected a fault with the GPU.
The issue is that due to low stock on RTX 3090ti's, Overlockers support has advised that they are unable to provide me a 1:1 replacement, and have instead offered me a B Grade RTX 4070ti.

My initial purchase of the 3090ti was decided due to the fact I heavily rely on the 24GB of VRAM for my work. The 4070ti has half the VRAM of the 3090ti, and is also half the price I paid for the RTX 3090ti. The lack of VRAM would make this card almost unusable for me.
As the VRAM is essential for me, is there any chance of a 3090ti being restocked, or an identical VRAM card being supplied as the replacement?

They have responded to me and are now offering a B Grade 4080 as a replacement instead.
I am a bit skeptical accepting a B Grade due to the reduced warranty period, and also due to it being only 16GB of VRAM still.
Are my concerns valid, or am I just being difficult at this point?

If you need the 24GB vram then its valid.

You have to consider the impact this would have dropping to 16GB.

I would also ask why they are offering you only B grade items and not a new 4080.

How old was the 3090Ti?
I’ve responded to see what else they can come back with that would fit my need for 24GB VRAM without it being a B Grade.

I bought it just under a year and a half ago

so its within warranty.

I would also ask why there is not a option for it to go back to the manufacturer for them to repair the gpu or for them to replace it under warranty.

I always thought that this was the case, OCUK would confirm its faulty and then send it off then they get 30 days to repair or replace it.

Edit - what brand is the card? as EVGA no longer make gpus so wondering if its down to this but would have thought they would have stock back for warranty replacements
It’s a MSI card

I have had another response from support. They say the only 24Gb cards they currently have in stock, are not available for my replacement, and that the only thing they can offer me is a partial refund and suggested I then purchase a 4090 or 7900XTX as these have 24GB of VRAM.

I'm at a loss as to what to do really. I seem to be losing out due to them not having stock of any 3090ti's. If I were to take the refund and then get another 24GB NVIDIA card I would be left 500 out of pocket.

Their first offer was an insult, the 4080 was better but not great however them offering £1100 for a 18month old card you bought for just over £1400, when you can get 3090tis on ebay for less well less anfd £1000 is a very fair offer.

You've had 18 months usage for £300 and what they are offering you now is VERY fair. A warranty doesnt entitle you to a refund after 18 months of usage. If im being critical of all this it kinda now sounds like you're fishing for a free upgrade to a 4090 which is a bit greedy.

Accept the money, add some more to it and buy a 4090 /thread
You entitled to think whatever you like, but after their first offer I am allowed to be sceptical of any other offers they provide me. I not looking for a free upgrade as you imply, I would have loved for them to just send me an identical 3090ti back to me, and avoided all of this.

Back
Top Bottom