• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4090 CPU Bottleneck & Stuttering

Thanks man. I can see you only got 2 stutters, thats pretty good compared to my benchmark. Tbh I don't know what else could it be...
Have you tried running the power limit at 75%? I found when i run my 4090 at stock it constantly comes up saying its hitting the power limit - which can drop my frames massively. Dont really get any performance loss at 75% in games (maybe 1 or 2 frames) but its much more stable in games.

Have you tried running the power limit at 75%? I found when i run my 4090 at stock it constantly comes up saying its hitting the power limit - which can drop my frames massively. Dont really get any performance loss at 75% in games (maybe 1 or 2 frames) but its much more stable in games.
How can I do that, MSI Afterburner?

did you try the lower power limit?

Hey man, sorry for the late answer. I just did RMA to the GPU... with the new one it works like a charm! so yeah... it was a faulty 4090 as I was expecting (already talked it in other forums about this like this one)

But yeah, if someone over here encounters heavy stuttering in almost all games like it happened to me, it probably is an VRAM problem. It seems like a lot of VRAM chips where faulty in the first batches or something, idk.

Hey man, sorry for the late answer. I just did RMA to the GPU... with the new one it works like a charm! so yeah... it was a faulty 4090 as I was expecting (already talked it in other forums about this like this one)

But yeah, if someone over here encounters heavy stuttering in almost all games like it happened to me, it probably is an VRAM problem. It seems like a lot of VRAM chips where faulty in the first batches or something, idk.

Slightly concerning to me that the only way you noticed the issue is that you had two to compare. Other people would have just put it down to limiting and accepted it.

Thats good you got it sorted anyway!

Hey, may I ask what brand is your 4090 and how did they accept an RMA for something like micro-stuttering? I wouldn't expect any company to even acknowledge that as a thing lol...

I just got a Gainward Phantom + 5800x3d and noticed a few microstutters on Rdr2 benchmark but I'm not sure if that's expected as everywhere online there's talks of RDR2 microstutters....

Back
Top Bottom