• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4090 TUF cable & undervolt question

Associate
Hello,

With all the articles about this issue I'm a bit scared about the bending. I will get the 12HPWR from cablemod and i'm gonna grab their 90 degree adapter but well i would like to be sure if it's ok so far.

Also, I've limited to power slider to 80% and the card isn't pushing more than 350W (no difference in FPS actually), does it make it safer?

I have a P600S case and i was wondering if needed, if there was other cases with similar performance in airflow and noise but with a wider clearance between PCIE and GPU? We always have the lenght clearance for GPU but few brands are disclosing the height of it.

Also have anyone of you experiences undervolting on it? I've seen videos abouyt someone putting his card at 900mv / 8.% power limit and +1500on memory with good results. Should I try something similar and could it help with coil whine?

Thanks a lot

1vhz.jpg

aur9.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, that 2nd pic the cable is clearly not plugged in all the way - OP it makes no difference limiting the power, you need to push that cable in all the way, leaving it hanging out like that will fry it

Oh man @Elric82 please check your connector as a matter of urgency!

In that second picture it’s hanging out by a good few millimetres, check for any overheating and then firmly seat it all the way in, then try to remove it without pressing the clip to make sure it’s in and won’t pull out.

Edit: Re reading your post, maybe that 80% power limit will have helped save any melting if it hasn’t already happened?

Last edited:
"From all the articles about this issue" - and you still haven't inserted the connector fully!

Did you read any of said articles? His post was a month ago - hopefully realised by now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom