• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX + DXR Update / Demos Question

Think they're either not easy to get running(might have to do further config) OR they're not for the public to use at this time.
Rubbish, yes, and still about a month to go before the first RT game hits the virtual shelves too. Don't care for the demo's myself but looking forward to seeing how the first games are.

Just found the Apollo demo on the NV website but it's stamped 2014. I'll have another look around shortly but I get the impression NV have added RT but not actually released that version to the public yet

Hmm, well, I saw no animations just scrolling around a static scene and able to set different options, camera positions etc. Working or not, it was rubbish anyway :). I think they would have created a new 20 series demo area for it, not left in the Maxwell 970/080 demo area

I'm not sure any of the available demos support RTX features (yet), managed to get the UE4 infiltrator demo running but my 2080ti showed literally no fps difference from my 1080ti and with no options screen there wanst even any way to tell what res it was running in.

Right now, it seems RTX still isn't a thing.

I'm not sure any of the available demos support RTX features (yet), managed to get the UE4 infiltrator demo running but my 2080ti showed literally no fps difference from my 1080ti and with no options screen there wanst even any way to tell what res it was running in.

Right now, it seems RTX still isn't a thing.
Was that 1080 Ti (no RT) vs 2080 Ti (RT on) giving same FPS do you reckon?
Well, only about a month to go before something with RT should be appearing anyway to try.

There is a kitguru review which filmed the SW demo using a 4k camera with some fancy software to measure fps. This was done for 1080/ 1080ti/2080/ 2080 ti. Rtx cards were well on top of pascal but there was not much difference between 2080 and 2080 ti both around 40- 60 fps

There is a kitguru review which filmed the SW demo using a 4k camera with some fancy software to measure fps. This was done for 1080/ 1080ti/2080/ 2080 ti. Rtx cards were well on top of pascal but there was not much difference between 2080 and 2080 ti both around 40- 60 fps

The point is how many rays per pixel will be done.
The Star Wars demo was 200 rays per pixel at 1920x1080 24fps so 10 gigarays give or take (RTX2080Ti performance). According to Nvidia's CEO own words.
However how many will find acceptable this refresh rate or resolution? So less rays means less RT quality but higher FPS, and this is were it goes.

The point is how many rays per pixel will be done.
The Star Wars demo was 200 rays per pixel at 1920x1080 24fps so 10 gigarays give or take (RTX2080Ti performance). According to Nvidia's CEO own words.
However how many will find acceptable this refresh rate or resolution? So less rays means less RT quality but higher FPS, and this is were it goes.

Well, the rasterization doesn't have to be done at 1080p, it can be done at 4K so that really isn't an argument.

And you certainly don;t need to get 200 rays per pixel to get great result, even 2 rays per pixel tends to give much better results than the hacks form screen space reflection and Global illumination hacks.

Well, the rasterization doesn't have to be done at 1080p, it can be done at 4K so that really isn't an argument.

And you certainly don;t need to get 200 rays per pixel to get great result, even 2 rays per pixel tends to give much better results than the hacks form screen space reflection and Global illumination hacks.

However 2 rays per pixel can be done even with Pascal & Vega cards. Is well within their capabilities. Hope you remember the anouncement from another RT project at Siggraph, using TXp and Vega 64 doing 4k 60fps real time RT & rendering. No rasterization. We between us had a discussion about this 2 months ago as the RTX speculation thread.

Back
Top Bottom