Rucksack and Tripod Upgrade

Associate
Okay, I have a 450D, Tokina 11-16 lens and 70-200 F4/L.
I also have various filters, Lowepro Flipside 300 and Redsnapper 284 with ballhead.

I've started going hiking with it and the tripod is fine when walking on flat ground, but going uphill it does become a struggle. I also have my rucksack pretty much full.

The tripod I have now weigs 1970G with no ball head attached.

I would like advice on tripod and rucksack upgrade

1- Rucksack:
I have no idea if this exists but I would like a rucksack that can take my stuff - even if I have to leave one lens at home I will be happy. But room for accessories and space for some clothing such as trousers and perhaps a shirt as well. I want to go hiking with it and take waterproof clothing.
Also a bonus would be to have tripod and water bottle/flask pouches on the side and back like the Flipside 300 has.

Flipside 300 can carry everything, but the clothing space. I do have a Gelert rain cover too.

Tripod - I do require a lighter tripod that is off course very sturdy and carbon fibre. Obviously since I am over 6 foot tall it would have to be as tall as possible. Region to spend £200ish on tripod. I like the Manfrotto ones with the middle section coming out to a horizontal level.

Again, tripod I have is 1970G and require something lighter.

Cheers!

Associate
OP
I think the F stop bags maybe a little out of my price range.

Tamrac Adventure 10 looks good, but not sure if it has tripod holder with it. I also carry a 1 litre flask with me.

I just need a bit more space than my Flipside 300 to put a pair of waterproof pants and maybe a shirt. If Flipside had a few more inches then it would be perfect. Not to sure on the Lowepro alternatives such as the Vertex or Pro Trekkr range.

Associate
OP
I wouldn't use the laptop compartment for a laptop. Would I be able to fit a pair of waterproof trousers in there?

Also does it have a tripod support option on the side or rear of the backpack.

On my Flipside 300 it does have a tripod holder on the rear and a bottle pouch on the side. I'd like to retain those features if possible.

Back
Top Bottom