Running a TV card with an indoor ariel?

Soldato
Hi all,

I want to invest in a good TV card, (one that runs freeview without the use of an external box) but dont have an ariel socket for miles, and I cant drill through to them because there are bathrooms with tiled walls either side of my room. So its got to be an indoor ariel.

Does anyone have experience running a tv card with freeview through an indoor ariel?

If so what ariel do you find works? Did you need a signal booster? Hows the quality? etc etc

We have freeview in the kitchen and its fine, so I assume we are in a good signal area here in liverpool.

Finally, I did think about the idea of buying an outdoor ariel, they seem quite cheap and putting it in the top of one of my wardrobes (would be as close to the loft as it could get) would that be any good?

Thanks

Soldato
Crummy tbh :(
I'm in the middle of Norwich, under 8 miles from transmitter & with an expensive indoor aerial, all I can get is slightly fuzzy terrestial channels; You haven't a monkeys of Freeview.

-Leezer-

Associate
Well, I live in Barnes, London and run my freeview box with a single telescopic antenna (one of those pull-out ones you get on portable TVs!) - I can see all channels except Ch5. :p

Soldato
OP
Ha ha, who needs chanel 5.

Um, so thats one vote for, one against. Any other thoughts?

Any ariel reccomendations?

Edit - or tv card reccomendations for that matter

Soldato
Yep I use a freeview box with just a standard indoor arielw ithout any problems, although it is a fairly good model (philips dtr1500) I guess it helps the transmitter is only about a mile away on top of a big hill :p

I have seen some very good reviews of the leadtek winfast DTV1000-T

Soldato
I vote no mate, tv cards seem to require a strong signal - and one they get one they seem to pickup every channel 3X over :/ (i'm guessing from different transmission points).

Back
Top Bottom