Running at half speed on dual core

Permabanned
Hi, I have just downloaded bionic and have set it up to run SETI@home on the ocuk team. This is the first time i've used this and I have noticed that this is only running at half the speed that of what it should be.

My cpu is a X2 3800+ @ 2.5ghz
It is only using 50% of each core, so only going at half the speed of which it can go at.
Is there a way to make it run at full speed on a dual core cpu?

Thanks

Soldato
I know that only 50% is used per logical processor on hyperthreaded CPUs, so it may well be the same for dual-core CPUs. As others have said above, make sure that you've set the number of processors to 2 in your General Preferences.

Soldato
Th0nt said:
Hmm this option doesnt seem to be present in my BOINC manager.
it's not in the Boinc Manager - it's an option you can change by logging into your account on the SETI/Climate Prediction/Rosetta etc sites

i think it's in the general preferences but i may be wrong - it's a while since i did any Boinc but I'm assuming this hasn't changed

Soldato
Aye, it's under General Preferences as the 'On multiprocessors, use at most' option. Set it to the number of physical/logical CPUs you have (so '2' for single non-HT'd dual-core CPUs or single hyperthreaded CPUs, '4' for hyperthreaded dual-CPU systems (e.g. dual HT'd Xeons), 8 for 8-way opteron systems etc.).

Back
Top Bottom