Rust stain in shower tray.

Soldato
Mrs going ape **** at me..... nothing new there.

Left my shaving foam can in the shower, and the bottom of the can rusted and left a rust stain.

I've tried scrubbing it, and also tried leaving bleach on it for a few hours, no joy.

Any ideas?

PXL-20240719-164420588.jpg

ceramic or plastic ?
you are sure it is not just a limescale layer (e: why is tray not shiny) that has the stain ie. try descaler

Last edited:
How many days did it take to rust like that ??
It is pretty nuts -- I left a tin of ceiling paint on the marble for finishing a job next year or the year after --- within 24 hrs it had left an iron ring on the marble floor.

looks like that has stained into the plastic so i would try extremely fine grade of emery paper and gently and slowly try to remove it while doing minimal damage.

If plastic and scrubbed then and previously (over time) then tbh you've got more chance of Biden getting a pre read script right than get that out.

You could try vinegar, baking soda or lemon juice with a little water and let it sit for a while and then use a hard brush, like a nail brush to try and lift it.

I managed to get rid of it, tried some of the above (way to manly to buy something called "Pink Stuff" however) but I mixed 50/50 salt and lemon juice and scrubbed it with a wire cloth thing, sorted.

It was quite astonishing how quickly it left that rust mark though.

Back
Top Bottom