• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 580 Underperforming

Associate
I upgraded my PC from a GTX1650 to a RX580 2048SP and my framerate dropped, I can't even run BeamNG as well as before anymore, even though the RX580 is supposed to have better performances than the GTX1650. I checked and normally I don't need a higher voltage PSU for my 580, it is recommanded to have a 350W which I have (I have a textorm TX350+ I think)

seems the gtx 1650 is faster in some games, check this vid:
yeah but there the perf are quite similar, I'm talking about being able to play with over 30 fps on high with the 1650 and barely able to play on low with the 580

a rx580 2048SP IS NOT a rx580 despite its name
a rx580 2048SP is basically a rx570 in performance, which is very close in performance to a gtx1650
not a great upgrade tbh.

if still within the return timeframe for aliexpress i'd send it back for a refund

I checked and normally I don't need a higher voltage PSU for my 580, it is recommanded to have a 350W which I have (I have a textorm TX350+ I think)
I don't know about the specific card you have purchased, but a stock RX 580 needs a more powerful PSU than a GTX 1650 does (I'm surprised a 350 PSU even has the required power connectors). That said, I don't think it is your problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom