• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6700 XT - Is supply getting to UK?

Associate
Basically gutted I didn't manage to get one of these on launch, I was primed and ready but decided to wait until the next batch...schoolboy error!

Anyway, I've noticed that supply of these appears to be minimal and generally limited to not very many AiB manufacturers, all of which tending to be higher spec models.

All I want is a Powercolour Fighter or Sapphire Pulse, but since day one I've not seen one anywhere...

Is there a documented shortage of AMD cards coming to UK (I know AMD themselves have ostracised us here on their own store)? I would imagine it would be more profitable to sell the lower end cards with the cheaper cooling solutions than the top end hence the confusion at the lack of supply of the entry level models.

Associate
OP
I appreciate cost's etc are far higher currently for retailers and that profits need to be made.

The main query was in terms of the actual stocks.. are we in the UK getting the arse end of the deal in terms of supply? Why are we not getting the lower end models ?

I'm resigned to the fact that IF I take the plunge now I'm looking at around £650 for a lower end 6700 XT, with the XFX cards being the most common I've seen coming in at £710. The only other card I'm considering is a 3060TI but again they are extremely difficult to find and even more overpriced from a price/perf basis.

Associate
OP
Which 6700XT should I buy? I know all overpriced but not waiting any longer.

I believe the 'fastest' and least expensive is the MSI Gaming X, but it looks like a transformer's testicle. Despite this it's the one I'm currently considering simply because based on performance and reviews which state it has decent cooling and is quiet. I'm currently not at ease with the price though(despite OC's prices being the least expensive) and additional postage cost.

However, I'm also tempted by the White Hellhound, BUT don't want it to end up being a cream/dirty Hellhound..so again hesitant..

I'm holding out for a cheaper...(yes, dreaming I know) Powercolor Fighter, as I really like the look of the card.

Back
Top Bottom