• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rx 7800 xt hellhound (black screen, slow boot, drivers missing)

I fresh install windows upon getting a new component most of the time or every other 6 months - no bloatware, just windows update
Tried DDU in/out safe mode
Different drivers, driver/package only
No risers, 2 power cables, tried both oc and silent bios switch
Tried GPU in another Intel machine which was on the side, made no difference (no sag)
Tried optimal settings in bios, tried auto and other pcie options
rx 3070 and 3060 tested with zero issues
I have pretty much tried every possible trick in the book and failed

Yeah I would put money on this just being a faulty card, even if OC test the card and its ok, you can't even sell it on given you have tested in multiple configs. I did wonder if OC have there test benches setup so the card maybe is vertical in position so maybe a fault on the PCI or a crack in the solder isn't picked up. Either way I hope you get it replaced and when you do whatever you pick do consider that its not AMD at fault here although I know how that can affect your bias.

Might be worth letting OC see this thread so that they can see others replies etc. Should get it resolved.

Ah ok, well looks like u tried everything then, best of luck with the rma. Hopefully its within the period of just saying nah dont want it as doesnt work in my machine i want a refund thanks, instead of a rma process which would take ages probably if ocuk says it was ok but isnt.

Just incase tho, maybe do a video with ur phone of the issues showing with the side of pc off the internals so u can show its wired up good, then go show the card obv then the screen after turn on etc. Then if they say owt just say in a email look heres what its doing.

Last edited:
Card should work out of the box
Sometimes it does :D Then after multiple DDU runs, installs, disablings it runs for a bit more
Tried on 3 different systems with random hardware options AMD and INTEL, should not be like this
I dont understand what causes it to trigger the errors
That is a return to sender. Wasn't aware its been in other systems. Must have missed that part.

Back
Top Bottom