• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX6800 no signal

H3x

H3x

Associate
Got a GPU issue, not sure if it is dead or something else funky going on

First started with no signal from the gpu on boot but the monitor would turn on for a second then turn off

I swapped it out with a 1080 which booted fine but gave me a bios message of "the vga card is not supported by uefi" , So I entered bios did a reset and tried with the 6800 which booted fine and worked all day then I lost signal to the monitor

Now I just get no signal or beep codes, when trying to boot now it is in a POST loop sitting on GPU for around 20 - 25 second then starting the loop again

Specs of pc
Asus b550 motherboard
3900x cpu
2x 16GB corsair vengeance 3600
Sapphire RX6800
Samsung 970 Evo nvme
Crucial P1 nvme
Corsair HX1000i

Associate
Sounds like maybe you need to update the Bios on your motherboard did you enable x64 decode mode (AKA above 4g decoding) for the GPU ? most mobos support that. Possibly needs uefi aware update in bios.

H3x

H3x

Associate
OP
Sounds like maybe you need to update the Bios on your motherboard did you enable x64 decode mode (AKA above 4g decoding) for the GPU ? most mobos support that. Possibly needs uefi aware update in bios.

Running the latest (not beta) bios for my motherboard and yes x64 decode is enabled

what port are you using? if you are using dp try hdmi and vice versa?

Display port but have tried 2 cables and have also tried a hdmi cable

Are you using a riser cable? If so, try without the riser cable.

Not using one

Associate
Display port but have tried 2 cables and have also tried a hdmi cable
can you try another slot on the board? to check behaviour, any difference? also double check the power cables, are they running on separate cables or 1 cable split? i/e 1 or 2 6/8 pin cables.

Last edited:

H3x

H3x

Associate
OP
can you try another slot on the board? to check behaviour, any difference? also double check the power cables, are they running of separate cables or 1 cable split?

I have tried both pcie slots with the same result, the PSU cables are all running on dedicated 8 pins

Associate
I have tried both pcie slots with the same result, the PSU cables are all running on dedicated 8 pins
only other thing i can think of its try it on another machine and see what happens, if you get the same behaviour then i would suggest that it needs rmaing which sucks..

edit: or try another monitor, its useful for diagnosis to have a dp to vga adapter for testing. ive seen positive results using something like this when not able to get a digital signal to confirm the card isnt dead for example. on my card if i have 1 hdmi/1 dp and 1 dp to vga adapter all plugged in for example the vga monitor will always be prioritized for display in bios and post etc.

H3x

H3x

Associate
OP
Have now tried it on the wifes PC with the same result

I used the internal gpu on her 7700k and the screen just sits at the POST screen with "please press f1 or del to enter bios" but the keyboard and mouse have no power so can't even check to see if the bios is picking it up

Associate
well that doesnt sound promising, sound slike its gunna need an rma unless anyone else has any other ideas, could always check to see if it has a dual bios and try swapping to the other if it does and testing again.

Soldato
I had the exact same issue where the 6800 would frequently give a VGA error, or the DP output would give "no signal". I RMAd it and the OCUK tech staff duplicated the fault and have sent me a replacement. The replacement is due tomorrow so I will see then if the issue is resolved.

So my advice is to raise an RMA and get a replacement.

H3x

H3x

Associate
OP
I had the exact same issue where the 6800 would frequently give a VGA error, or the DP output would give "no signal". I RMAd it and the OCUK tech staff duplicated the fault and have sent me a replacement. The replacement is due tomorrow so I will see then if the issue is resolved.

So my advice is to raise an RMA and get a replacement.

Sapphire one?, mine is from OCUK as well

Soldato
Sapphire one?, mine is from OCUK as well

Yep, Sapphire one. No I don't think they sold you mine because I only got mine in mid Dec and the Tech guy I spoke to said it was going back to Sapphire. :D

Thankfully I had an RTX 2080 to use as a spare and my 3080 came a few days ago as well.

Back
Top Bottom