• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 1700 vs Ryzen 1600

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

I am returning the motherboard I currently have to a competitor, and to get credit against that I ordered the replacement from them too, its preparing for dispatch and I cant cancel now. Delivery is for tomorrow :(

Should I just return when I receive it, or give this motherboard a chance? I can always return when used within the 30 day period if I wish.

Soldato
Hey guys,

I am returning the motherboard I currently have to a competitor, and to get credit against that I ordered the replacement from them too, its preparing for dispatch and I cant cancel now. Delivery is for tomorrow :(

Should I just return when I receive it, or give this motherboard a chance? I can always return when used within the 30 day period if I wish.

It's fine. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Soldato
Hey guys,

I would find it honourable not to open the box and return it sealed, if you plan to get the Strix

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

I do have the whole system, just waiting on the replacement MOBO, I think I will give it a shot with this motherboard..if im struggling or cannot get on with it I will then return the item and go for the Strix. But otherwise will do the decent thing and keep it (assuming all is well of course).

Soldato
Hey guys,

I do have the whole system, just waiting on the replacement MOBO, I think I will give it a shot with this motherboard..if im struggling or cannot get on with it I will then return the item and go for the Strix. But otherwise will do the decent thing and keep it (assuming all is well of course).

You'll be fine. If you ordered an MSI I'd be saying swap it asap.

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

installed new motherboard yestrerday, working fine so far..I checked my max peak VCORE in HWM and it is peaking at 1.416v :eek: on stock CPU configuration..

Soldato
OP
I have a dog of a CPU, I've got mine at 3.8ghz with 1.35v. You may be able to get a higher frequency with that voltage or even a lower voltage at the same speed. You just need to play with it.

Will reducing the CPU VCORE help a lot with temps on the CPU? (not that they are bad atm, I was peaking 64c in a sesh of BF1 last night).

Associate
Stock cooler is a great piece of kit, it basically means buying a sub £30 aftermarket cooler pointless. If you are trying to get close to 4GHz though I'd recommend something a bit more substantial.

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

Problem, I tried going into my bios to change the voltage for the cpu, but it's all on auto and when I try changing the settings by pressing return on the voltage it doesn't do anything, it seems 'locked' or something? Wtf?

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

Problem, I tried going into my bios to change the voltage for the cpu, but it's all on auto and when I try changing the settings by pressing return on the voltage it doesn't do anything, it seems 'locked' or something? Wtf?

Taking this to motherboard part of forum, seems more appropriate there..

Back
Top Bottom