• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3600 load temp okay?

Soldato
OP
Mine idles at around 48-51c then during the CPUZ benchmark hit 71c

VYx2lt9.png

I know they're not dangerous temps but definitely more than i want it to be at.
Going to have a play with BIOS fan profiles tomorrow make sure my AIO pump is running at a decent rate,Also switch that fan around to take air IN. :)

Associate
Mine idles at around 48-51c then during the CPUZ benchmark hit 71c

VYx2lt9.png

I know they're not dangerous temps but definitely more than i want it to be at.
Going to have a play with BIOS fan profiles tomorrow make sure my AIO pump is running at a decent rate,Also switch that fan around to take air IN. :)

Your stressed temperatures aren't wildly worrying to be honest. At idle I have various cores sleeping or on tremendously low clocks. Do you have the AMD chipset drivers installed and are you using a Ryzen powerplan in Windows?

We are troubleshooting relatively high idle CPU temps which are unlikely the cause of your stuttering in COD but I suppose every little helps.

Soldato
If you are tight on space and air flow a manual OC may be a better option, this is mine on an all core 4.2ghz at 1.15v, idles in the mid 30's, highest i've seen it go under stress testing was 61c and thats with my AIO fans locked at 900rpm.
A0YdbCZ.jpg

Associate
If you are tight on space and air flow a manual OC may be a better option, this is mine on an all core 4.2ghz at 1.15v, idles in the mid 30's, highest i've seen it go under stress testing was 61c and thats with my AIO fans locked at 900rpm.
A0YdbCZ.jpg

4.2Ghz all core at 1.15v? Looks like you won the silicon lottery, in which case it's hardly a sure-fire recommendation to solve the OPs thermal issues.

Associate
I'm unsure atm if it's throttling as I need to find some software that will show me what frequencys are happening throughout the round , either way I'm getting stutter which I I can only assume is heat related.
I don't think it would thermal throttle at 80C... If you're looking for software then Ryzen Master is pretty good...

Back
Top Bottom