• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 7 Same Shape Cooler?

Soldato
Hello All,

Sorry for the stupid question but I'm unsure and can't seem to find the answer!

I'm thinking of upgrading from Ryzen 5, to 7, can I use the same cooler? I know the CPU sockets are a different shape, but is the physical surround?

Thanks,

Soldato
I recently went from an AM4 Asus B550F board to an AM5 board (in sig). Used the same AIO cooler and hardware during the swap. Exact fit. I did though, like Tetras says, check online first but yeah for me AM4 = AM5. No issues.

Soldato
Hello All,

Sorry for the stupid question but I'm unsure and can't seem to find the answer!

I'm thinking of upgrading from Ryzen 5, to 7, can I use the same cooler? I know the CPU sockets are a different shape, but is the physical surround?

Thanks,

It depends on which cooler you have, if it has its own backplate then it wont work, if it fits to the current AM4 backplate in some sort of way then it will fit (directly or with some sort of brackets), you basically cant remove the AM5 backplate like you could with the AM4 boards as on AM5 it also holds the CPU retention bracket on too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom