• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 7800X3D Idle Temperatures

Associate
Hi everyone,

I recently built my new PC and noticed my CPU is:
  • Idiling (in Windows) at around 49°C - 50°C.
  • Idiling (in BIOS) at around 32°C
  • Gaming (so far only tried Assassin's Creed Origins) I think it's between 69°C - 75°C

Ambient room temperature is around 27°C

Is this normal for this CPU or does it sound like it's too hot? GPU is a 4080 Super and doing fine, idiling at around 27°C.

My mind was thinking maybe I messed up the thermal paste/seating of the CPU waterblock (using a custom loop) but don't fancy draining and re-installing it again if there's no reason to as it's a hassle.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
You guys were right on the money, I closed some background tasks (L-Connect, iCUE, Aquasuite etc.) and it dropped to around 45 degrees average now which sounds correct going by everyone is saying

I couldn't figure out how to post a screenshot but I uploaded it here if anyone is interested:

Thanks very much!

Mine with voltages;

image.png

Think have optimised the hell out of it now, both cpu and memory end (no clock generator on the motherboard for overclocking). All subtimings done etc and system silent, just gotta enjoy it now :D :)
Wow how did you manage that? That's amazing! :eek:

Good chip combined with decent cooling I guess, the 360 AiO is complete overkill for it but I had it sitting here so decided to use it as the Dan A3 was setup for negative pressure so all heat exits through the top and back (with no incoming fans but lots of mesh for cool air intake). Very happy with it!
Ah very nice! Mine is on a custom loop and still higher temps. Enjoy it my friend :D

Back
Top Bottom